14-02-2015 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Alright folks as mentioned a few times, this is another update that's mostly tweaks here and there not much new although one big thing. (At least time I won't be making the update post from my mobile which was a real treat last time)

New
  • IMPORTANT! Holding B will now transmit on the government radio instead of being a toggle switch which was unreliable basically. Your normal talk button will be local talking as usual.
  • Benches outside the Fredy's on Sunset Blvd. have seats added which allow you to sit on them.
Fixes
  • Several vehicles have had their exit position altered which hopefully should result in players not getting stuck in them. If you continue to experience this with your vehicle please post here with your vehicle make and model: https://github.com/syl0r/Perpheads-Issues/issues/51
  • Sound volume on the phone messenger should be quieter and easier to tell if it is yours or someone else's.
  • Whisper and yell were mixed up of auditory range after last update (oops)
  • Door alarms now function better than ever and are automatically on the police department and other official buildings. For privately leased buildings you must place your own alarm system.
  • Warranted people can now talk to the NPC at the PD front office to turn his/herself in which will relay a message to all emergency services from "Dispatch". (It occurs to me now that the dialog may be incorrect by what is said when doing so, but that will be addressed for a future update although should be obvious)
Changes
  • As lieutenant and sergeant are both whitelisted jobs it is fairly safe to assume that any player qualifying for this has been police in the past. Thusly you are now able to join those jobs directly from citizen as it would be simply "resuming your duty".
  • Lieutenant and sergeant are now able to use the Colt M1911 from the police armory.
  • Secret service now get 50% less body armor as they have armor underneath their shirt so realistically it offers less protection than the officers.
  • The Combat Knife now functions similarly to that of a knife from the popular game CS:GO in which left click slashes and right click stabs. Although this being an RP gamemode and not an arcade shooter, being behind the person does no additional damage with a knife. The left click is less powerful of an attack and causes less bleeding but allows for quick attacks. While the right click is a more powerful stab and causes more bleeding although slower between attacks.
  • Jumping out of a moving vehicle should now not be as sketchy to where you almost die but not quite. So the damage should be properly adjusted, also the volume of the tumbling and screaming should be more realistic and not audible from 30m+ away.
  • Until I specify properly which items are illegal I have removed this text from the HUD. If you have a question about the legality of an item ask a staff member.
Enjoy the update and the events that will be happening later in the day!

Reaction score
This update is brilliant, some needy things have been changed for the better now, thanks a ton for this Stephen. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.