3.4 - Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, firstly I'd like to say that this post is not to bash any staff member, I do not know the circumstances surrounding the situations I will bring up, I just want some discussion and clarification.

Recently @Kempotent was banned for running someone over whilst under gunpoint, now this is something that is a bit confusing to me, since... if you're in a car and someone is pointing a gun at you under rule 3.6 you should do anything to survive and getting out of that car is causing more risk to your own life than just running the person infront of the car over. (Again, I'm not saying that @Dom_ wrongfully banned @Kempontent

I know that a lot of people have been doing this such as @The HitMan and Jordan whilst @The HitMan has been punished for it and Jordan hasn't.

I know for example that I have myself and @Tyla Jai aswell.

I honestly always thought this was allowed under certain circumstances but I know a lot of people don't know.

Reaction score
Hello, firstly I'd like to say that this post is not to bash any staff member, I do not know the circumstances surrounding the situations I will bring up, I just want some discussion and clarification.

Recently @Kempotent was banned for running someone over whilst under gunpoint, now this is something that is a bit confusing to me, since... if you're in a car and someone is pointing a gun at you under rule 3.6 you should do anything to survive and getting out of that car is causing more risk to your own life than just running the person infront of the car over. (Again, I'm not saying that @Dom_ wrongfully banned @Kempontent

I know that a lot of people have been doing this such as @The HitMan and Jordan whilst @The HitMan has been punished for it and Jordan hasn't.

I honestly always thought this was allowed under certain circumstances but I know a lot of people don't know.

The issue is police officers can raise the argument that they are instantly going to be shot, which 9/10 times is true and so in most situations it is justifiable, however it is also pretty obvious when someone is gunpointing you out of a car for other reasons, such as to take you as hostage etc. As a civilian, if you are gunpointed whilst sat in a car, unless you know for absolute certain that person is going to just pop you as soon as you get out you must comply. This is because civilians are easier to kidnap and transport and mug etc, so therefore they are not always going to be shot in the head immediately even if the criminal has a very good reason to. As for the situation with kempotent, he was gunpointed out beforehand and was not shot, he then got back in the car and still was not shot but the gun was still being pointed at him, in real life it is more obvious when someone is about to drive their car into you as you can see what they are doing inside of the car and therefore it would probably end up in you being shot through the windscreen of the car, however in perp this is impossible to determine, especially in a car like the P1 because of how it works in the game going 30mph as soon as you tap W. This is the reason we do not allow this, as we try to keep the gamemode as realistic and lifelike as possible considering it is an FPS game with custom weapons which everyone loves to use. I hope this made some things a little clearer and explained a few things, but truly at this time we do decide these things by staff discretion and a case by case basis, essentially the rule is, unless you are absolutely certain that you are going to be shot in the head the second you exit the car/move, you must comply.

Reaction score
If someone is gun pointing you from the front of your car, what do they expect not to get run over when that is the safest option if only 1 person is gunpoint you that is.

Reaction score

Running someone over under gunpoint should depend on circumstance. lets say the situation it a cop is holding his pistol/weapon towards the person in the car but i close to the car. no other cops are around, Then yes you should be allowed to run him down since its very unlikely you will miss nor be shot. If you have 5 people aiming there guns at the car ready to mag dump you then no you shouldn't be trying to escape.

Reaction score
We've gone over the situation you are talking about and dealt with it.

As for this thread in a more general sense, if you are gunpointed whilst you are in a running vehicle and the risks of getting out are greater than those of driving away (or running the person over, often these things go hand-in-hand), then you can absolutely consider fleeing/running the person over.

If you are in the same situation as above and the risks of fleeing outweigh the risks of getting out, you shouldn't flee. Obviously, a group of people potentially magdumping you is something you'd want to avoid, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.