5.56 Nerf Removal Suggestion Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/5-56-nerf-remove.35278/#post-238564

Main Idea: Removing 5.56 Nerf

Full description of the idea:
Reversing the really unecessary nerf that has been implemented for over a year now.

Why should it be added?:
Many people have agreed to the discussion post and have given opinions towards the bad nerf.
A handful of people who play have invested over $3mil+ towards the Marksmanship skill to level 100.
Should be added because people grinded for it and should be given a reward of having less recoil towards weapons.

Pros:
Give people what they grinded for
People can actually have a chance at fighting off TFU and Police
Sweaters dont suffer from headbreaking recoil
Actually making marksmanship worth it
m4's are cheaper to make

Cons:
none

Reaction score
People can actually have a chance at fighting off TFU and Police

Throw into cons that every primary TFU have access to except for 4 of them (MP5A4, Benelli M3, Remington 870, Remington M24) are also 5.56 and with additional marksmanship + free comps TFU will become starship troopers with laserguns and bulletproof skulls.

Reaction score
But if we have low recoil too we hold an almost equal chance at defending ourselves from the PLPD Zerg

Jamal

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Tbh in my opinion I feel like it shouldn't be fully reverted, but somethings should be changed about the recoil or spread, because it'll just be everyone using an m4 again if it's reverted. But if a revert does end up happening may be there should be something done to other guns to balance them out with the 5.56 rifles

Reaction score
glacial, what a great guy making this thread

i would agree with this completely, great guy, great suggestion

Reaction score
Tbh in my opinion I feel like it shouldn't be fully reverted, but somethings should be changed about the recoil or spread, because it'll just be everyone using an m4 again if it's reverted. But if a revert does end up happening may be there should be something done to other guns to balance them out with the 5.56 rifles

I propose giving AK47's and Sakos a slight increase in damage. Maybe also lower the rate of fire on both 7.62x39mm rifles by 50 RPM.

In my opinion, the difference between "military" weapons such as 5.56's and "criminal/rebel" weapons such as the AK's and SAKO's should be the 5.56's are accurate and have less recoil whilst the Russian / other east european / ex soviet weapons and other weapons that use Soviet designed ammunition should have more recoil and less accuracy in favour of penetration and overall damage, the exception being the AKS74U, which should favour low recoil and high rate of fire over accuracy and damage.

I somewhat agree that 5.56 was pretty overpowered back in the day, but the nerf wasn't entirely necessary and was such a drastic change that it completely fucked over 5.56. . The other buffs that came with it however were much needed, such as the SMG Recoil buff. Plus, My first few months of PERP were spent with very low rifle marksmanship and SCAR-L's were what saved me from inevitable raids where I'd usually die to people with M4's. When the nerf happened I was forced to use shotguns because the Scar L's which I had so heavily relied on for growing in peace suddenly became my worst enemy.

Nowadays I don't even use assault rifles on the server, but when I do, its gonna be one of the AK's (Except the 101) or Sako's because they're the better option for raiding and defending.

The M4a1, M16, AK101, Scar L, G36c, and Sig 550 were quite heavily nerfed with the update, but rifles such as the AUG, Enfield and Famas literally became unusable til Tinyslayer fixed them in an update last year, but even then, Enfield and Famas are still pretty awful.

If the recoil became what it once was however I'd suggest lowering the damage of 5.56 ever so slightly and giving the Soviet / finnish rifles a damage buff alongside an accuracy nerf.

Reaction score
It would honestly be really great with less recoil again, I've worked my way up on 59(I know it's not 100 and not the biggest), but I literally almost have the same recoil as when I had like 10-20 Rifle Marksmanship(Could just be me), but I feel no difference, not even with compensator on.

Status
Not open for further replies.