5.7: Extortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law:
New law
What law do you wish to change/add:
5.7: Extortion and Racketeering:
It is an offence to attempt to extort money, services, favours, or possessions from others through coercion or otherwise menacing behaviour.
Felony: Liable to 4 years maximum imprisonment, $4000 fine, and asset forfeiture.

Why should this change/addition be made:
Currently running a Racket isn't really illegal.
What is the aim of this change/addition:
People seeing this as a law might give them an idea to try racketeering.
Additional Information:​

Reaction score
  • Staff
Like blackmail except instead of the threat being leaking information or whatever, the threat is violence, theft, and other physical crimes.

Reaction score
Will this law work tho?
I mean that if you would actually try to extort, it would break some rules but I'm not sure, I can't imagine a scenario where extortion can be used on perp, and can it be done without a reason or did the person have to hurt you or something

Reaction score
Will this law work tho?
I mean that if you would actually try to extort, it would break some rules but I'm not sure, I can't imagine a scenario where extortion can be used on perp, and can it be done without a reason or did the person have to hurt you or something
I've gone up to bases and told them to pay me in exchange for not raiding them a number of times

Reaction score
I've gone up to bases and told them to pay me in exchange for not raiding them a number of times
Oh okay makes sense, but any other cases where this could work?
Like idk, if you're selling the same guns as me for cheaper and you wont change the price, I'll stab you? lol

Because raiding is a bit like too extreme, I'm wondering if you could use this more mildy

Reaction score
Oh okay makes sense, but any other cases where this could work?
Like idk, if you're selling the same guns as me for cheaper and you wont change the price, I'll stab you? lol

Because raiding is a bit like too extreme, I'm wondering if you could use this more mildy
This isn’t a realistic action though?
You don’t see Tesco CEO shanking the Asda CEO because they are selling cheaper bannanas

Status
Not open for further replies.