74 Years since D-Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

June 6th 2018 marks the 74th anniversary since D-Day, the allied invasion of Normandy and the opening of the long awaited western front. I've made this thread so people can share their thoughts, videos, pictures etc on and around D-Day. Feel free to post any film clips, video games, books related to D-Day and what you thought.

I personally like these two videos, especially Eisenhowers D-Day address, which for so many video games when I was younger included it

Obviously Medal of Honor frontlines first mission and the opening of Saving private ryan are some of the famous examples of it.

It was just sad that COD WWII failed to get it quite right. I mean firstly the weather was overcast, light drizzle rain and quite early in the morning. Just like a English summer morning it was miserable, however it was quite bright in COD because they wanted to show off their cool lighting effects. Same for the weapons, first gun I found was a SVT and PPSH. Shame really, here's hoping Battlefield V might do some good to it!

Reaction score
im going to be honest i dont really know what d day is though i remember it being a custom made map on far cry 2

Deleted member 1235

D - Day is when the good guys were like yolo and landed in Normandy and handed the Germans asses to em. Also please no spoilers it isn’t June 6th for me yet
The good guys have to retreat into france :(

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a fan of Alternate History. And don't think I want it to happen I just think it's interesting how easily some critical points in history could have changed and what the effects of that dramatic change would have on the future we all know.

There are a few ways Hitler could have (Kinda want to say "Win" but I don't want to start a debate) done to have a bit more of a chance/advantage during the war if he didnt and did certain things. Such as not fighting two fronts. Not attempting to bomb British Military Facilities. Having the holocaust at a later date than it currently was. (He was going to do it anyway if he had the chance) And maybe waited before actually starting WW2. He was also developing nuclear technology and he actually managed to build a make-shift reactor near the end of the war but there are things out there that claim they were working on a nuclear bomb as it was the German Scientists who were working on Nuclear and Missle technology in the first place. There were many things the Germans were making that could be a big blow for us such as the V-2 Rocket, And the Horten Ho 229 Jet Fighter. If the Jet Fighter (Which failed test flight) would have passed test flight it most likely would have wiped out the troops on D-Day which would be a huge blow to us. The V-2 rocket could reach the UK to an extent and I think the nuke explains itself of what would happen if they actually made one. Goodbye London and New York/Washington. I could go on and on but I don't want to fill the entire thread with this.

Edit: After WW2 the Soviets raided a Nazi Bunker only to then find a Globe with a Swastika over North America. It's pretty obvious that if the Germans managed to take out the UK and then the Soviets (Providing he did one at a time and not at once) he would probably try and coordinate with the Japanese to take out Asia and split it between them. Then they both would have been able to attack America. Nazis from the East Coast. And Japanese through the West. This is all providing they conquered Europe and Russia and split Asia with Japan and then developed the Jet Fighter and the Nuke. V-2 rocket was already made in our timeline.

Last edited:
Reaction score
why does it make you shiver i wasnt there dude

It's still a very important part of history that can never be repeated, I do think that it's important to know.

I'm a bit of a fan of Alternate History. And don't think I want it to happen I just think it's interesting how easily some critical points in history could have changed and what the effects of that dramatic change would have on the future we all know.

There are a few ways Hitler could have (Kinda want to say "Win" but I don't want to start a debate) done to have a bit more of a chance/advantage during the war if he didnt and did certain things. Such as not fighting two fronts. Not attempting to bomb British Military Facilities. Having the holocaust at a later date than it currently was. (He was going to do it anyway if he had the chance) And maybe waited before actually starting WW2. He was also developing nuclear technology and he actually managed to build a make-shift reactor near the end of the war but there are things out there that claim they were working on a nuclear bomb as it was the German Scientists who were working on Nuclear and Missle technology in the first place. There were many things the Germans were making that could be a big blow for us such as the V-2 Rocket, And the Horten Ho 229 Jet Fighter. If the Jet Fighter (Which failed test flight) would have passed test flight it most likely would have wiped out the troops on D-Day which would be a huge blow to us. The V-2 rocket could reach the UK to an extent and I think the nuke explains itself of what would happen if they actually made one. Goodbye London and New York/Washington. I could go on and on but I don't want to fill the entire thread with this.

Edit: After WW2 the Soviets raided a Nazi Bunker only to then find a Globe with a Swastika over North America. It's pretty obvious that if the Germans managed to take out the UK and then the Soviets (Providing he did one at a time and not at once) he would probably try and coordinate with the Japanese to take out Asia and split it between them. Then they both would have been able to attack America. Nazis from the East Coast. And Japanese through the West. This is all providing they conquered Europe and Russia and split Asia with Japan and then developed the Jet Fighter and the Nuke. V-2 rocket was already made in our timeline.

It's true, but the problem is that the destruction of Europe was severe, and German troops even had a hard time just moving around, also, it was one country alone fighting a group of them and with the help of the USA it was impossible, Hitler had no way to fortify the entire France coast, Tbh it was just a matter of time, if he wanted to win he should have abandoned one of the fronts.

Reaction score
It's still a very important part of history that can never be repeated, I do think that it's important to know.

It's true, but the problem is that the destruction of Europe was severe, and German troops even had a hard time just moving around, also, it was one country alone fighting a group of them and with the help of the USA it was impossible, Hitler had no way to fortify the entire France coast, Tbh it was just a matter of time, if he wanted to win he should have abandoned one of the fronts.
They weren’t fighting “alone” they had 2 extremely powrful allies Italy and Japan

Reaction score
They weren’t fighting “alone” they had 2 extremely powrful allies Italy and Japan

Yeah sure, one finished hanging by his own people and other finished nuked.....

Deleted member 1235

Yeah sure, one finished hanging by his own people and other finished nuked.....
Germany wasn't alone. It had Italian, Japanese, Hungarian, Slovakian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Croatian allies, not to mentions 1000's of foreign SS volunteers. This can be seen by the fact that in the Battle for Berlin in 1945, it was French SS volunteers fighting in the Reich chancellery, not Germans.

Reaction score

Can't imagine how insane the beach landing was in person.