Police Suggestion A nicer looking swat van :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Adding this as the new SWAT Van:

I would suggest using the later TDMCars GTA Riot van, but that has LSPD Insignia imprinted into it not by texture, but by the shape of parts of it, meaning it'd be pretty hard to hide the LSPD insignia.

The pro's of using this SWAT Van model is:
- Looks far nicer than the current SWAT Van, which looks like a PS2 game
- The creator has been enough of a legend to provide a skin template, meaning this vehicle could be re-skinned with ease to give us a unique looking one.

The animations of the doors opening when E is pressed on them could easily be disabled. Personally there's no real reason to have the door toggle open and closed other than for cinematic's.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Benefits include:
- It doesn't look like shit
- It can be modified with the skin template that is provided in the description of the workshop page
- Due to having larger tires, it won't get stuck as easily. The current SWAT Van does not get stuck on a lot on Paralake, but the curbs leading from the path to the lawn of the large subs houses, as well as where the road meets the grass on swooper road are menacing to the Van. On evo city especially it struggles to make it up the hill in the PD parking lot, gets stuck on curbs, etc.

On top of this, when you get inside the current SWAT van, there's a chance that your seat will be in some weird black abyss in the middle of the van.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
There would need to be some work done with this, including:
- Disabling the animation of pressing E to open the doors inside, as this wouldn't be entirely beneficial to the game mode to have.
- This van is slightly smaller, which could limit how much cover the vehicle can provide.
Other additions:
This would serve entirely as a new model for the SWAT Van. The SWAT Van will keep its current stats, it'd just look different.

Reaction score
I don't know why this hasn't gotten a single response, but considering all the reasons you have, I would be all in favor of a new SWAT, oh sorry, TFU Van!

I think it can be done (maybe by you to give more persuasion?), or even better to avoid the work of fixing the current van, maybe find another model?

Status
Not open for further replies.