Action Request on -[AGSY]-gamerdanger99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: LEWIS 088 / Lewis Robertson
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: -[AGSY]-gamerdanger99
His/Her SteamID: STEAM_0:0:80703450
Why Should This Player Be Punished: 2.1 3.24 4.1 1.4

As you can see in my evidence provided I was walking around listening to the radio, Since the server was empty I ran over to where these two cops were sitting, After I ran over the crosswalk they decided to think it would be hilarious to try and ticket me for jaywalking, I backed off (Breaking law 8.8) The officer is then seen pulling out his weapon from his holster (Keeping it in passive) the other officer then smacks me with his nightstick, I then surrender using the /act command, They take me to the police vehicle and place me inside, they then witness another guy jaywalk and give him a $750 fine and we leave, Back at the police station you can see him dragging me for no reason without even asking me to follow, they let me go inside of the station and my thoughts was to head to the interview room upon getting inside they then start dragging myself again for no reason even after I have stated I will comply. I ask the guy in looc for his ooc name, He refuses and will not comply with my request, he then starts using his microphone talking ooc clearly breaking 3.24.

I understand it was late and there was around 8 people on the server, However this does not give him the right to go looking for reasons to ticket and arrest people for VERY minor things such as jaywalking.

2.1 - Arresting me for 3 years for jaywalking and slightly breaking law 8.8
4.1 - Unnecessary use of force
3.24 - Coming out of character multiple times
1.4 - Refusing to give me his ooc name causing problems for myself.

Evidence (Demo Required): https://mega.nz/#!B8ww2BDb!NQGEIn15LnS9u3QpiOTbA0h-PdLslqZl5OrFxrwhkIg

Tick: 20000 Onwards

Reaction score
First time you kept walking away from us after our orders for you to stop. We took you to the station and were taking you to jail when you ran from us AGAIN. You tried to evade us twice. Im not going to give you any special treatment. If you would have not ran away the 2nd time i would not have dragged you downstairs. Just because i dragged you downstairs after you ran away twice doesn't mean i used unnecessary use of force.

Reaction score
The video Clearly Shows that you were evading police, Therefore you were dragged to insure you do not run away AGAIN. I get it was late but that does not mean you can disobey orders.

P.S I was the second cop in the video.

Reaction score
I'm willing for this entire action request to be forgotten if you admit what you did was wrong.

Reaction score
I'm willing for this entire action request to be forgotten if you admit what you did was wrong.
I was wrong in some ways but i believe that the use of force given in this video because you ran away twice. I also believe that the jail sentence is correct as well. I do admit to being wrong for the 2 other rules given and i am sorry for that.

Reaction score
I have reasons to believe that the Law Enforcement Officer's actions were a bit unnecessary and "abusive". Their offensive approach points towards boredom due to the low activity on the server.

@LEWIS 088 did violate the law regarding Jaywalking to a certain extent:
1.11 Jaywalking- It is illegal for members of the public to cross roads at undesignated areas unless crossing the road would significantly benefit the individual. For example, a person running from gunfire to avoid being injured is allowed. It should also be noted that it is illegal for any member of the public to neglect the use of a traffic light at a crossroad, for example walking across Business Street without utilizing the crosswalk signals.

In this case @LEWIS 088 did cross the road (very close to the pedestrian crossing - in fact less than 1 meter away). The reason of why I think it's a bit excessive to issue a misdemeanor ticket is because of the following server rule:
2.1 Play Realistically- This game mode aims to emulate real life, and as such, players are expected to play realistically at all times; (...).

I know it's debateable but I think it's unrealistic that 2 Law Enforcement Officers would issue a misdemeanor ticket because you're crossing the road less than 1 meter beside the pedestrian crossing.

2.5 Excessive Negativity- Generally speaking, players are not allowed to excessively negatively affect the experiences of other players while playing on the server. (...).

This rule should perhaps be added as one of the reasons on why you're making this action request.

Reaction score
I have reasons to believe that the Law Enforcement Officer's actions were a bit unnecessary and "abusive". Their offensive approach points towards boredom due to the low activity on the server.

@LEWIS 088 did violate the law regarding Jaywalking to a certain extent:
1.11 Jaywalking- It is illegal for members of the public to cross roads at undesignated areas unless crossing the road would significantly benefit the individual. For example, a person running from gunfire to avoid being injured is allowed. It should also be noted that it is illegal for any member of the public to neglect the use of a traffic light at a crossroad, for example walking across Business Street without utilizing the crosswalk signals.

In this case @LEWIS 088 did cross the road (very close to the pedestrian crossing - in fact less than 1 meter away). The reason of why I think it's a bit excessive to issue a misdemeanor ticket is because of the following server rule:
2.1 Play Realistically- This game mode aims to emulate real life, and as such, players are expected to play realistically at all times; (...).

I know it's debateable but I think it's unrealistic that 2 Law Enforcement Officers would issue a misdemeanor ticket because you're crossing the road less than 1 meter beside the pedestrian crossing.

2.5 Excessive Negativity- Generally speaking, players are not allowed to excessively negatively affect the experiences of other players while playing on the server. (...).

This rule should perhaps be added as one of the reasons on why you're making this action request.
The guy tried to evade us twice. This server is based on real life. Tell me what would officers do if someone ran from them twice? We did what officers would do in real life. I held him down to the jail to prevent him running for a third time. We did not get him because we were bored. You HAVE to use a crosswalk and he failed to do so.

Reaction score
The guy tried to evade us twice. This server is based on real life. Tell me what would officers do if someone ran from them twice? We did what officers would do in real life. I held him down to the jail to prevent him running for a third time. We did not get him because we were bored. You HAVE to use a crosswalk and he failed to do so.

Your argument is invalid. A Law Enforcement Officer wouldn't issue a ticket to a citizen who walks less than 1 meter beside the pedestrian crossing. It would be the same if I gave you a ticket for speeding if you went 38 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. Furthermore, a LEO wouldn't unholster his/her service pistol simply because a citizen is walking away. It's excessive use of power.

Reaction score
Your argument is invalid. A Law Enforcement Officer wouldn't issue a ticket to a citizen who walks less than 1 meter beside the pedestrian crossing. It would be the same if I gave you a ticket for speeding if you went 38 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. Furthermore, a LEO wouldn't unholster his/her service pistol simply because a citizen is walking away. It's excessive use of power.
It depends on the officer who handles the case. I meant about the part where he resisted twice and i dragged him down to jail. You don't understand how law enforcement works. The man was resisting so i did what was needed to get him to stop

Reaction score
Well, from what I see in the video, the cops shouldn't have arrested you, people that are caught jaywalking are subject to tickets only and even then, you jaywalked extremely close to the crosswalk, so unless the officer wanted to pick on you, the ticket was unjustified, like Prepper said. When you tried to evade the ticket multiple times, the correct police procedure should've been to restrain you and then giving the ticket, followed by a brief interrogation at the PD, regarding your attempts of refusing the fine.

Also, the officer shouldn't have unholstered his gun, since you were not putting his or his partner's life at risk. The usage of the baton wasn't justified, as you weren't physically hurting anyone. The officer that tried to hit you should've only pulled his nightisck out if you decided to run away, as that would be the only effective method of stopping you. All in all, you broke laws but shouldn't have been arrested, the officers broke rules but it wasn't anything too serious. Of course the outcome of this is on staff hands, but in my opinion a warning should be enough.

+Support

Reaction score
Well, from what I see in the video, the cops shouldn't have arrested you, people that are caught jaywalking are subject to tickets only. When you tried to evade the ticket multiple times, the correct police procedure should've been to restrain you and then giving the ticket, followed by a brief interrogation at the PD, regarding your attempts of refusing the fine.

Also, the officer shouldn't have unholstered his gun, since you were not putting his or his partner's life at risk. The usage of the baton wasn't justified, as you weren't physically hurting anyone. The officer that tried to hit you should've only pulled his nightisck out if you decided to run away, as that would be the only effective method of stopping you. All in all, you broke laws but shouldn't have been arrested, the officers broke rules but it wasn't anything too serious. Of course the outcome of this is on staff hands, but in my opinion a warning should be enough.

+Support
I pulled out my service pistol because i didn't know what he was going to do next. We didn't know why he was running in the first place. He could have pulled out a gun. I didn't even point the gun at him. This server is based off real life. Please tell me in what country do you get a pat on the back and a ticket for running from the police 2 times? I also pulled it out because the night before. I was on patrol and i went to give someone a ticket and he pulled out a gun on me so i was preparing for the unexpected which is what you should do as an officer of the law.

Reaction score
I pulled out my service pistol because i didn't know what he was going to do next. We didn't know why he was running in the first place.

This is not a good enough reason. Unless you have solid evidence (law 10.4 for law 11.11) You can't pull your gun at all. A good enough reason being your or someone else's lives are at risk. You broke 4.1 here. You also refused to give your ooc name?

Reaction score
Today, there were 10 people. These officers were at the same place where they do their "stakeout"
They began ticketing me and my friends for absoulutely no reason. Like, pulling out from the parking lot, and then putting your headlights on after 5 seconds. They ticketed my friend for that which he put his headlights on.

Reaction score
Today, there were 10 people. These officers were at the same place where they do their "stakeout"
They began ticketing me and my friends for absoulutely no reason. Like, pulling out from the parking lot, and then putting your headlights on after 5 seconds. They ticketed my friend for that which he put his headlights on.
Pulling out from the parking lot come on you gotta try better then that. You got a ticket because you failed to use your blinker when you pulled into the PD parking lot. Your friend got a ticket for not using his headlights. He was driving without his headlights then when i pulled out he turned them on. He needs to have them on before he pulls out of a parking lot,or driveway not drive up to the red light then turn them on. Tell your friend i said to turn em on before he pulls out of the parking lot next time please.

Reaction score
Well in the first place, there was no reason for the LEO to issue a ticket you for walking around half a metre next to the pedestrian crossing, this would be 2.1, as no Officer IRL would give you a ticket for this. Furthermore you weren't any threat for the officers life or the life of any other member of the public so there was no reason to pull his gun out (11.11 Right to use Firearms: "LEO's may only use their firearm when a suspect(s) is posting a direct threat to any other member of the public and/or is believed to be intent on harming any other such person(s) (...)"), this would be a breakage of 4.1, follow the law. In addition he broke 3.24 by saying, he wont give you his OOC in the IC-voice-chat and thus 1.4.

+Support

Reaction score
accepted.jpg

User will receive a warning for 1.4, 3.24 and 4.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.