Add submission form to staff complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Add a submission form similar to the ones used for bug reports, refund requests, etc, to the staff complaints section.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • Far more straightforward for new and old players to create complaints, who cannot find the template (or just don't want to copy-paste it every time) which physically can't be put in the staff complaints section (at least as far as I know)
  • Adds consistency to staff complaints if they all follow the same template
  • Makes staff complaints more clear for Administrators
    • Being an ex-admin, I can speak for others in saying that it's a pain handling messy complaints that are not clear at all. This change would almost completely solve that issue.
  • Should be relatively quick to implement
    • Worth it for the amount of time it would take to implement

What negatives could this have? (cons): None that I can think of.

*Other additions: n/a

1615722585192.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would love to report my favourite staff members with ease, good suggestion!!1! What do you think should be on the template given you're an ex-administrator?

Reaction score
  • Staff
I would love to report my favourite staff members with ease, good suggestion!!1! What do you think should be on the template given you're an ex-administrator?
I honestly don't have a problem with the current template. The questions would obviously be made a little more clear in an actual form - e.g. "What is your out of character name?" instead of just "OOC Name" but besides that, it should just be ported over. This is a good opportunity for Administration to review the template though.

Some sort of guidelines could also be mentioned at the top of the form if that's a possibility? For example, when to report a staff member and such.

Reaction score
I honestly don't have a problem with the current template. The questions would obviously be made a little more clear in an actual form - e.g. "What is your out of character name?" instead of just "OOC Name" but besides that, it should just be ported over. This is a good opportunity for Administration to review the template though.

Some sort of guidelines could also be mentioned at the top of the form if that's a possibility? For example, when to report a staff member and such.
That’s fair and yeah good opportunity to go over it for sure that’s why I asked in case you guys got into a situation where you were missing some information that should’ve been on the template

Reaction score
  • Staff
That’s fair and yeah good opportunity to go over it for sure that’s why I asked in case you guys got into a situation where you were missing some information that should’ve been on the template
As long as evidence is emphasised as a requirement, the rest is fine. Can't do much without evidence!

Reaction score
here is the suggestion i have
You're out of character name:
You're steam ID:
Staff member the complaint is against:
Complaint reason:
Evidence:
What do you think the staff member did wrong:
this is just a rough suggestion could do with more tweaking

Reaction score
here is the suggestion i have
You're out of character name:
You're steam ID:
Staff member the complaint is against:
Complaint reason:
Evidence:
What do you think the staff member did wrong:
this is just a rough suggestion could do with more tweaking
There's already a template, just needs to be made into a form.

Reaction score
There's already a template, just needs to be made into a form.
yeah also i believe there should be a disclaimer saying that falsified reports can be punishable and befour you report it says are you sure all the infomation is true to the best of your knowledge just like the plpd disclaimer

Reaction score
  • Staff
yeah also i believe there should be a disclaimer saying that falsified reports can be punishable and befour you report it says are you sure all the infomation is true.
Honestly that goes without saying. Falsified complaints would be closed before they reach “moderator complaints” and the user could be punished depending on the situation.

Reaction score
yeah also i believe there should be a disclaimer saying that falsified reports can be punishable and befour you report it says are you sure all the infomation is true to the best of your knowledge just like the plpd disclaimer
The only problem I can think of with this is that what happens if a new player believes a rule has been broken but in fact it hasn't, obviously clear slander should be punishable but there can be a fine line between false reports and people not knowing wether someone broke a rule or not

Reaction score
The only problem I can think of with this is that what happens if a new player believes a rule has been broken but in fact it hasn't, obviously clear slander should be punishable but there can be a fine line between false reports and people not knowing wether someone broke a rule or not
yeah true so thats why i put '' to the best of you're knowledge'' in the disclaimer
but clear cases of bullshit should be punished

Status
Not open for further replies.