Server Suggestion Add the unused Blindfold as a usuable item

Reaction score
Main Idea: Add the unused Blindfold model found in PERP's content files into the game as a usable item

Description of the Proposed Idea: Currently in PERP's content files, there are a few unused models and one of these models in the accessories is called blindfold.mdl. As the name clearly implies, it is a blindfold which was presumably planned to be added into the game a while ago but was never finished or was scrapped. The idea here would be to implement this unused blindfold as an actual item that can be used to blindfold other players similarly to how players can zip tie other players. The blindfold could either completely obstruct or severely distort the player's vision when equipped which could be used for RP situations such as kidnapping or hostage-taking.

An additional use case for the blindfold is that perhaps when used in conjunction with the zipties, the mugging/kidnapping player gains the ability to drag the victim the same way police can.

Being as the blindfold appears to be unfinished, if this was to be added, the blindfold would need to be textured and an overlay would be needed to be added to the player that is blindfolded but this shouldn't be too difficult to do so.

Pros:
  • Could make situations such as kidnapping players more interesting and add more depth to them, such as guiding a blindfolded player to an area before removing the blindfold, etc.
Cons:
  • Could be inappropriately used, such as blindfolding a player in a random situation (but could be tackled by using a consenting system similar to the zip ties)
  • Given the current state of PERP and how uncommon prolonged kidnapping/hostage situations are, one could argue that introducing the blindfold is an unnecessary addition and could further complicate gameplay.

Images: Unused Blindfold Model (Appears to be unfinished due to the model having no textures)
f9b0a1d4dd8295646c20b02197ed19dd.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe this would seriously increase the role play as it forces people to follow rather than a /me that some people refuse or just pretend to follow.
I do agree with Jack it needs some limits so people can just blindfold everyone, making it so zip ties are required first is an excellent idea and makes sense.
+Support

Reaction score
Been a while since I remembered about this suggestion that was previously accepted. Reviewing the responses to this post, I have updated the original post but I am curious to see as to what the current playerbase thinks of this old suggestion. To my knowledge, the model is still present within the content pack just like many other unused items.

Reaction score
Alternatively this could be textured colourable and be added as a headband cosmetic! I don't necessarily know the benefit of having a blindfold on PERP Immediately as all it would really do is hinder kidnapped players ability to continue RP if they need to be moved.