Adding CPR

• Thread starter Deleted member 5577
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5577

Discussion Post:
Main Idea: CPR would be added to keep a casualty stable until a medic arrives.

Full description of the idea:
People would be able to perform CPR
Then the medic would revive as usual for now maybe changing it in the future if seen fit. I think this would make for a more realistic and fun experience for people as the medical system is pretty cut and dry with most medics defibbing and leaving which isn't too realistic.

Why should it be added?: Adds to RP

Pros: Adds more realism, a good step forward in better medical roleplay.

Cons: Possible for rule breakage (3.4) But that's with anything and people could be shot for trying to resus someone whilst they put themselves in danger.

*Other additions: [list here]

Reaction score
Although I'm generally against the idea, I am wondering how you think it should work in game. What mechanics would be introduced to provide cpr and how exactly would it help the victim.

Reaction score
It would help them by keeping them alive longer so they have more of a chance of medics getting to them and reviving them

Deleted member 5577

Normal mechanics such as if you get barretted its insta death or molotoved or whatever and then someone comes up and if you're still on red screen CPR would prolong that. If someone is dead with no hope it would let you do CPR for a min or so and say there is no hope of saving this soul. Something like that

Reaction score
Would prefer a more detailed explanation but whatever. The person in game is still breathing though so with your realistic pro, it wouldn't quite work like that. Instead of adding cpr, what about another way of stabilising the person? For example if someone was shot, another person can just bandage the ragdoll to prolong the black screen for a bit, or by giving them plenty of stim packs if they were punched to death or ran over? Just an idea I'd prefer over cpr.

Deleted member 5577

@Lelios The person isn't necessarily breathing or breathing normally if anything they are having agonal breaths which you'd do CPR over anyway.

Reaction score
They won't add splints because it simply requires devs to actually have some effort and look at the thread

Reaction score
I feel like you witnessed me doing some CPR the other day to an unconscious male XD, I think it would somewhat be practical to add something like this to the server, it could extend the red screen for an extra minute or so, it shouldn't change the 5 minute respawn time though.

I often find myself in situations as cop or civ where someone is unconscious and because the medic is busy or really far away I have to just pretend that I'm doing CPR for the person even though it only adds to the roleplay and nothing else.

Deleted member 5577

Thats what I've been doing one time a mod was kind enough to revive them for my efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.