Allen's Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Allen
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:50229236
IN-GAME NAME: Allen Kennedy

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:
I want the opportunity to help new players get to the point of competency within the server, as few things make me happier than seeing someone succeed at something after I've assisted them. In addition to this, I have an interest in new players understanding the server better, so they're more effective at whatever they set their mind to, and have a bit more fun on the server. Also, if I'm in a better position to help new players understand the server's rules better, then they don't end up RDMing me for silly reasons as much, which is a win in my books. Also, I can help new players figure out how medic works better, which means they can do all the work whilst I watch.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?
I have a reasonably chill temperament OOC, and IC for the most part, and I make a point of avoiding silly arguments. I also enjoy teaching people stuff, and have a fair bit of experience with it. If someone doesn't understand, then I reword my answer or re-engineer how I'm explaining, breaking it down further, or attempting to simplify it. If I explain something poorly, and someone doesn't get it, that's not their fault, usually, and I'm good at recognising when I'm explaining something poorly. I'm also a long time player, having seen people come and go, I've stuck around in the background, like a fly on the wall. As a result, I know a hell of a lot about the server, it's history, and how many gameplay features work/used to work, and I have a fairly clean record, with my only ban being many years ago now, and only the occasional warning for silly things here and there.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:
I'm in a position of trust in several GTA V SP modding discord servers, I'm an assistant developer for a popular GTA V single-player mod known as Emergency Uniforms Pack, as well as being a somewhat well-known mod creator on 5Mods. I'm often asked for advice and technical expertise on certain subjects by mod users and other less-experienced mod creators, so I have a wealth of knowledge in how to explain things in a simple manner, and have gained a great deal of patience with those who might have difficulty picking things up. I've also spent an embarrassing amount of time on the server over the space of 7½ years.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
I have no interest in becoming enforcer right now, I don't think it'd be something I'd enjoy, really. I just want the opportunity to help the playerbase understand the server better and take a bit of strain off the staff team so idots who do dumb shit get corrected faster. In terms of my lack of activity on the TS server, this is mainly due to there being little to do on there, as most people hang out in private channels, or use it for police stuff that I don't really have much to do with. I'm fairly active in the discord server though, and I intend on getting into the habit of being in the TeamSpeak server whenever I'm online. Uh, that's about it, hope you consider me.

Requirements:
  • Your time played on the server must be at least one week (press Q in-game to check this) ✓
  • No recent in-game bans, warnings or blacklists on record within the past month, this includes both the forums and the server. ✓
  • You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws. ✓
  • You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server.
  • You must maintain an active presence on the Discord Server. ✓

Reaction score
+ support

Hes a really nice person and a enjoyable person to talk to, good record. Think he would be a good Helper.

Reaction score
+Support Allen is a well known person within the community and has a good reputation for helping people. Furthermore, he has been active in the help chat and I have seen him helping new players with government jobs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
+Support

I believe that Allen would be a good helper, he has a insane memory and alot of knowledge about most game functions from things still available to stuff removed years ago. He’s welcoming, friendly and always ready to help you out with whatever it might be.

He’s active and also an overall nice guy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.