AMD vs Intel

Reaction score
Currently I am looking to build my own PC but I have been struggling on what processor to choose.
I have been looking at articles, videos and reviews all of them haven’t really given a solid answer for me.
It’s literally 50/50 I am just trying to know what’s the best one for me when it comes to gaming only (not editing or streaming) one that will last me for 2-3 years.

I just wanna hear your opinions on this topic and it might help me choose my processor.

Maximum I can spend is 1500 Euros.
If anyone is wondering I am going for RTX 2070 as my GPU

Reaction score
amd ryzen 3000 is coming out, almost same performance as i9 and cheap as fuck

Reaction score
You guys know I'm boutta recommend this man AMD like the absolute fan boy I am.

Real talk however, if money is no problem you should definitely go for Intel but AMD is performance king if you want to save a lot of money too.
Intel literally had no respond to AMD from Computex and just said fuck it, let's release the i9-9900KS which hits all cores 5GHz all the time which was already possible @Slayerduck so I suggest waiting to see if Intel releases any new CPUs as their current line up is still expensive and generally not worth it.

AMD Ryzen 3000 (Zen2) is releasing soon this July 7th. We got some information from them from Computex.
nqcxnq8dgo031.jpg

FPS% Comparison with the current 2nd gen high end option that's available
419wgi3boo031.png

Pricing
ahllaovudo031.png

Cinebench comparison

I got my Ryzen 5 1600 back in December 2017 for 240 Euros and I love it, it got me so much performance out of it and the 2nd gen 2600 costs just 130 now which is just a steal at this point. IMO you should wait for Zen2 which is soon.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Yeah in July but I am planning to build mine now and I heard changing your processor takes a Long time to change and you’ll have to change lots of things in the system too.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Say if I bought AMD Ryzen 7 2600x am I able to easily change it with any other AMD processor and not be having to go through hassle with changing the CPU cooler and other stuff?