Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Fredy
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: Fishy
Your Roleplay Name: Duncan Walker
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:54239451

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: Cheating

Why should this appeal be considered?: Three years ago, I cheated on the perpheads server. I utilised a tool called "citizen hack" that allowed me to enable ESP and see players through walls, this was irresponsible of me, however, back in 2019, I was as immature as any fourteen-year-old could get, and didn't understand that hacks don't make me good, and just generally ruin the experience for all players on the server, including me. Although, since I've been banned, I've had quite a while to grow up and mature and experience new things in life, and now three years later I've become more invested back into garry's mod and I want to return to perpheads, as I have various fond memories of playing with friends and interacting with the community, I even made a few youtube videos. This is not a dispute, I acknowledge the fact that I broke the server rules, however, I do believe that I've served my sentence and that a second chance might be something the staff would be willing to consider.

I also attempted to ban evade a year later, as I missed the server and had friends that were constantly nagging me to play, however, I lied to a staff member, as I didn't really know how to apologise properly or take accountability for my own actions after I tried using an alt before I even made a ban appeal (which in hindsight was pretty stupid if I say so myself). This probably doesn't make my case any better but, I believe that now I'm more mature and can contribute better toward the server and help create a better experience for the community, without irrationally whipping out an injector and enabling some cheats because of my own inabilities or moods.

In my previous ban appeal, I had stated that I was having a bad day and that I was treating all of my friends like trash, however that really doesn't excuse the fact that I literally installed hacks, it was stupid to bother trying to excuse myself by using my own issues as the scapegoat as I've said already, I'm responsible for my own actions, nevermind how I'm feeling; it's all a reflection of my own character. As well as I apologise if this sounds like a college assignment, kind've had a busy week and my writing is a little too formal at the moment.

If this apology is accepted, any further breaking of the rules that I commit and whatever punishment it results in, however severe it is, I will accept without any complaints or back-talk, as I know now that rules are in place to keep the user experience for all players healthy and fun. I appreciate the time spent reading this! Hope to see you on the server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.