Ban Appeal - ThatGuySeany @Synatec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Appealing for: Ban / Blacklist
Appeal type: Apology
Which staff member banned you: (Synatec)
How long were you banned for: 2 Days

Your Steam Name
: ThatGuySeany
Your In-game Name: Leo Falcone
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80596709

Why were you banned/blacklisted: (See: ScamBans) 3.4 - User evaded police over a parking ticket. This resulted in his property getting raided and him dying.)
Why should this appeal be considered: I first would just want to apologise for breaking said rule, and having warnings on the same rule over the past week or so, however, after taking the evening to reflect I do truly feel as though these circumstances were very different. I am indeed very sorry for ever breaking 3.4, and feel as though I learnt my lesson previously. This situation, had me evade a traffic ticket, and I was going to eventually pull over, but first after evading police checked in on my base. I was in no way attempting to 'put my life at danger unnecessarily', as I did not believe a raid was A. going to take place, and B. I genuinely had no idea that police were the ones raiding me (I didn't hear them stating their presence as had gone to grab water IRL). Hence, when I returned and saw my balcony door was open and I saw JUST a head over the roof, I began shooting as I suspected raiders, as opposed to police, at my base. This, is what led to my death, and I wish that I had saved the footage to show my perspective, however upon being banned my game black screened and closed. Therefore, I am sorry that the rule was in all technical terms, broken, but I never directly intended in any way to break it or to put my character at risk and obviously feel shitty about being banned, not only as I don't get to play my favourite server, but it looks bad on record, through a genuine mistake.

Additional Comment(s): I spoke politely and had a chat with the admin at the time who made the ban decision, so there was no hard feelings there. I just feel as though these were entirely different circumstances than the previous 3.4 warnings I had, and should've been looked at with a different perspective. When chatting with the admin he stated 'you wouldn't evade a traffic ticket IRL', well, many people do, and those people are never greeted with armed police at their door, hence the surprise and my reaction in believing they were raiders.

Reaction score
Accepted

On the promise that you won't break this rule again. Don't be afraid to ask questions in F6 or OOC / Help.

Reviewed with @flugs

Status
Not open for further replies.