Server Suggestion Bank robbery overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Bank robbery overhaul
Suggestion Description: Adding the ability to:
- Stealth Raid the bank robbery.
- The ability to use different drill types.
- The ability to speedrun robbing the bank.
- More perks and assets able to be purchased.

Adding new drills such as:
- Sturdy Drill: Never jams but takes 2 minutes longer than regular bank drills, Which will also notify police of the robbery quicker.
- Silent drill: Takes 5 minutes to open the vault door but doesn’t alert police until the door is open.

All of these drills should be the same price as they all come with equal pro’s and cons.

New functions on raiding the bank:
The NPC where you collect the drill from will instead offer these above aforementioned drills, as well as alternative methods of robbing the bank. These new methods include:

Silent bank raids: Key cards:
- 2 key card slots should be added around the vault.
- You should acquire the card from the drill NPC by selecting the option to do so.
- Upon getting the key card, you must then head into the foreman’s office with your full crew, and gunpoint the NPC in the foreman’s office to “mug” the second card off of them.
- In order for this to be a success, at least 1 crew member must remain in the foreman’s office until the vault door is open. All crew members leaving sight of the foreman will result in the alarm being tripped.
- All bank robbers must wait 7 minutes before the vault door opens.
- The alarm will be tripped when the last dollar is taken from the stack.

Loud bank raid: Vault bomb:
The vault bomb would be the fastest, but loudest method of entry into the bank vault.
- All crew members must enter the pre vault room for the robbery leader to place the explosives onto the vault.
- Upon doing so, remote explosive looking devices should line the corners of the vault door. The moment the bombs are set, timed explosive ticking sounds will play and will instantly trigger the alarm.
- After 30 seconds, the door will explode, killing anyone in the pre vault area. Breaking all the surrounding bank windows would also work aestetically to add more atmosphere and alarm sounds.

Using this method would be expensive, and would result in some of the dollar stacks “exploding” giving less payout.

Why should this be added?:
- more methods of bank robbery allowing users the possibility of a silent raid.
- Adapts to more playstyles / org styles.
- Payday 2 moments
- More enjoyable experience

What negatives could this have?:
- Meta methods seeing more use than older ones.
- Stealth raids could prove difficult if a user see’s the players and calls 911.

Reaction score
I'd love to see some sort of custom minigame to start the drill rather than just TDM after you put the drill on

Reaction score
Yeah this is actually a great idea, especially the loud bank raid but i do also like the stealth raid.
If the alarm went off in the stealth raid when the vault was opening it would be better in my opinion.

1+

Reaction score
Accept at least one of this mans suggestions before he goes insane.
Please..

Reaction score
@TinySlayer Im sorry if this comes off as rude but I really need to hear your input on this fantastic idea by @Bnej . He thought this up and wrote it and 15 people agree including me. I've personally talked to Fredy regarding a stealth style bank robbery and he himself clearly was into the idea.

A couple of questions though if you could please let me know:
Is this idea under development even though it is not listed in that category?
Is it more likely or not for this idea to be considered into one of the 3 categories soon? (as currently it seems to be forgotten as months have passed and no decision was made upon whether it is denied, under development or completed -obviously not completed right now-).

Reaction score
@TinySlayer Im sorry if this comes off as rude but I really need to hear your input on this fantastic idea by @Bnej . He thought this up and wrote it and 15 people agree including me. I've personally talked to Fredy regarding a stealth style bank robbery and he himself clearly was into the idea.

A couple of questions though if you could please let me know:
Is this idea under development even though it is not listed in that category?
Is it more likely or not for this idea to be considered into one of the 3 categories soon? (as currently it seems to be forgotten as months have passed and no decision was made upon whether it is denied, under development or completed -obviously not completed right now-).

Most stuff I decide to actively develop gets released within a week or two of deciding to actively develop it. Unfortunately there are lots of things that are great ideas, but we don't have the development capacity to do them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.