Booking Hotels/Travel Ticket

Reaction score
I and my cousins are planning to travel to Istanbul. I still don't know if I should do it in Booking.com or go to a tourist office. If you recommend me using Booking.com if yes ... I still have some curiosity and I want to know answers to my questions :

1- What does "No Pre-payment - pay at the property" means... does it mean I don't pay for anything till I arrive at the hotel?
2- Can I use Prepaid visa card (the one i buy with a certain amount of it - not the actual one I have from the bank) for travel ticket/rent a room.

Reaction score
When i went traveling a couple of years ago for a few months, my friends and I used hostels.com, hotels.com and booking.com to find things for the best prices
1- What does "No Pre-payment - pay at the property" means... does it mean I don't pay for anything till I arrive at the hotel?
Yes
2- Can I use Prepaid visa card (the one i buy with a certain amount of it - not the actual one I have from the bank) for travel ticket/rent a room.
Dont know, we always paid in cash

Reaction score
When i went traveling a couple of years ago for a few months, my friends and I used hostels.com, hotels.com and booking.com to find things for the best prices

Yes

Dont know, we always paid in cash

I wanna use cash too but when there is "no pre-payment" hotel does means i just book ? i dont provide credit cards or whatever ?

Reaction score
I wanna use cash too but when there is "no pre-payment" hotel does means i just book ? i dont provide credit cards or whatever ?
No pre-payment simply means you dont have to pay in advance in order to get your room(s), if you reserve a room however, there might be a small fee incurred if you do cancel that reservation.
But i'd be surprised if the place you are staying at would not take when you pay

Reaction score
I and my cousins are planning to travel to Istanbul. I still don't know if I should do it in Booking.com or go to a tourist office. If you recommend me using Booking.com if yes ... I still have some curiosity and I want to know answers to my questions :

I live in Istanbul. You can ask me question of you have any.

Reaction score
When you say travel do you mean go to lots of different places, or are you just going to Istanbul to stay?
Also how many are going because we're (friendship group) going on holiday in summer and we found it's cheaper to rent a villa for the week and split the cost rather than get hotel rooms.

Reaction score
When you say travel do you mean go to lots of different places, or are you just going to Istanbul to stay?
Also how many are going because we're (friendship group) going on holiday in summer and we found it's cheaper to rent a villa for the week and split the cost rather than get hotel rooms.
I'm going for 7 nights stay, and I guess 400$ would be enough? let me know if i need more

Deleted member 1235

Honestly if you're going to be spending money abroad, use cash. It stops you going over, you don't get charged for using cash and everywhere takes it.

Go to your local bank or post office and ask for the currency rate of how much you're willing to spend in your money into the local currency. These places offer the best deals.
When I go to Germany, I go to my bank and buy £200 worth of Euros. Don't buy the currency at the hotel or airport or locally as you will be ripped off.

Book everything in advance, leaving it until you arrive means they can deny you the room you've reserved, and you won't be able to say you've already paid for it.

Not to mention, buying online means the transactions are logged, so you can print off confirmation emails etc

Reaction score
i dont know , dont confuse me . i wanna visit istanbul's sites and in the other hand , i wanna party etc
If you want to go around cheap then stand by the road and wait for a Dolmuş, it's pretty much a shared taxi and it's dirt cheap to get around places. Ours in Izmir /Kuşadası looks like this but it may vary in Istanbul. They write the destination on the front of the van so it's easy to know where it is heading to. Usually 2 Lira per person if it's a short trip, prices may flactuate because of how our currency s going down the shitter (1 Euro=5,50 Lira and rising)
Dolmuş_in_Kuşadası.jpg