Bring back, or revamp the old clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoephix

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/bring-back-or-revamp-the-old-clothes.35186/#post-238482

Main Idea: Bring back, or revamp the old clothes that were used in Evocity and Paralake V1 (Not the hats as they are still there)

Full description of the idea:
Bring back, or revamp the old clothes.

With 'old clothes' I am referring to the clothes used in Evocity and Paralake City V1. Being more specific, I am talking about the old colored sweaters, suits and shirts.

Why should it be added?:
Adding back the old clothes would give the player more character customization.
Also many people including me would like to see them back (Can be seen in the discussion post, looking at the amount of agree ratings).

Pros: More player customization.

Cons: None, except that it may need some work for the developer(s) to add them back to the server.

Image: Here you can see some variants of the old clothing:
HcdgGV2.jpg

Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with the old models and hitboxes actually worked better. So a plus juan from me.
I joined in 2016 and those models were banging. In all fairness, gmod shouldn't look modern. It's an old game and the models actually looked better back then.
These new models seem less like gmod. I miss the old cop models.

Reaction score
I like the old clothes more then the new ones. And the new ones glitch alot.

Zoephix

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Yeah nowadays the player customization is also rather limited, I liked these old colorful sweaters, and suits with ties.

And it indeed is willing to glitch, today I had some weird bug where the player head disappeared after the player died. This happens pretty commonly.

Reaction score
I like this suggestion. I wasn’t able to experience the clothing first hand, but the clothing in the pictures look really good and less buggy like compared to the current ones.

Already looking at the mass support in this Suggestion, I think it’s a good time to consider it all.

Reaction score
New clothes were meant to add "variety" yet every retard is wearing the same clothing so that didn't really work out

and honestly if the current clothes and models won't get fixed (lets be realistic here LOL) then we may as well bring back the old ones which at least looked good even if it had limited stuff. Yea it sucks to delete stuff that was worked on by people, but it looks like hot garbage compared to the old clothing because it just looks so out of place and people run around with neon colored fucking clothing.

Zoephix

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Just for notice, you can test the playermodels. You need to subscribe to PERPHeads legacy content.

Reaction score
Also can we revert to old SWAT model if we aren't gonna get a hitbox increase or size reduction on the current model because the two clearly don't align and it is very misleading at times when using a sniper and thinking you clipped them by the edge of the model but in fact it goes right through them... the same happens for some civilian clothing too around the edge of stomach/chest area.

also it will stop the bulletproof beret joke thing

Zoephix

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I know I'm late but, whoever downloads this to test. Make sure you go into sandbox, hold Q > Addons > Perpheads Legacy Content, spawn the ragdoll from there.

Reaction score
As someone who played a lot in evocity and old Paralake, I must say that I miss many things from that time. One of these is of course the amount of customization you could do with your character, making you actually feel unique in some way or another.

I support this suggestion as I think it would be benefitial to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.