Cannot join Perp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I’ve played PERP for years and never ever had an issue joining, however today I just cannot join.

I load up Gmod like normal, connect to the serve and then 1 of two things happens.

I am either stuck on the last loading screen (when it says “Ready to play!”)

or

I am in the server, at city hall but completely frozen clientside, I press W and can hear my feet move but on the screen I’m still at CH.

when I click on the console menu, my curser shows up and I can hear the sound of scrolling over buttons but I cannot even see it.

I have tried uninstalling Gmod, reinstalling steam, verifying integrity of game files and everything else, I just can’t seem to join without completely freezing.

Solution
So nothing worked and I turned off my pc and decided to try another day.

I turn on to join without anything special and BOOM it works.

don’t know what happened but thanks for the help.
Reaction score
I think I had this issue when having HL2 EP2 content mounted, just make sure you don’t have any conflicting addons mounted and if possible, only remain subscribed to the server content and Paralake V5 only

if that doesn’t fix your issue, try to connect through a different network like a mobile data hotspot (not the best solution I know but it’s to check if your internet could be having issues with the server) and see if it actually lets you move about at the very least

Reaction score
I am in the server, at city hall but completely frozen clientside, I press W and can hear my feet move but on the screen I’m still at CH.
I had a somewhat similar issue, except it would happen randomly after being on the server for a while.

I believe it was an issue with shadowplay, as it didn't seem to happen when it was disabled.
Haven't noticed it happen since updating gpu drivers

Reaction score
  • Staff
So nothing worked and I turned off my pc and decided to try another day.

I turn on to join without anything special and BOOM it works.

don’t know what happened but thanks for the help.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.