Car Model Changes (not adding cars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post:
Main Idea: Car model changes

Full description of the idea:
This is just a simple texture changes, it wouldn't add much to the gamemode but who can complain about better textures.It's not only the exterior textures that have been updated but the interiors look far nicer now too. According to Xquality the server is on the newer TDM but just without the updated models.Lastly, because the carbon fiber looks a lot nicer, nearly every car with a spoiler with look far nicer.

Why should it be added?:
It would make the in-game cars exterior and interior far nicer. It's just a texture thing so it won't contribute that much but it's still a nice addition to the server.

Pros:
-
Cars would look nicer
Cons:
- I don't know how much work would be put into updating the textures so it might be a lot of work for just simple texture changes.

*Other additions:
It's simply just texture changes that are already pre-made.

01DE792F4B3B2580BCFE0FC4A44E0E3BAA77803F
AEC1051768A1171C5D5D028412F772DA012B9956

For interior, the P1 is a perfect example of the improved textures.
A7E2D353E1EC7EB2161D2474B388EC692A32040B
59B384AEF593AB4EE106637EEA5158467199F8ED

Reaction score
- I don't know how much work would be put into updating the textures so it might be a lot of work for just simple texture changes.
Well, we already have Stephen fixing all the minor things nobody would look at.
hA9DTzz.png

As for the updated carbon fiber on the Bugatti comparison, that shine really does not fit IMO, other than that it looks the same (why are you so far away?). As for interior I don't have a lot of info, the interior lighting might need to be remade entirely so it can result in a lot of work but I can't say for myself.

Either way, texture updates are nice if it can give the car a fresh look. Cars are the biggest thing in PERP and it's no surprise that there's a lot of demand for updates around them, if it's something that can satisfy a lot of people I could see this being worked on but not in the near future.

Reaction score
Imagine paying 4 million for a scuffed car.

I fully support this. It might take longer to render it however but I'm no expert on how certain things work in regards to rendering.

Reaction score
@Creepis as far as I know the "shine" that he has is simply because of another mod or the map, been on servers where the updated SS has been added and it's not even close to shiny.

I think that this is something that we should add definitely, I know that some of the cars in-game are completely trash interior wise and one of the reasons why I bought the 16.4 instead of the SS was simply because I didn't like the exposed carbon, as a matter of fact this exact paint job is an extra on an SS and costs more money, there is a bodykit in the TDM pack where you can remove this carbon fibre paint and put on whatever colour you want, something that I'd rather have because exposed carbon on GMod is disgusting, in real life though like on the Regera it's fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.