Change pixel peaks/ 3.8 rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to edit:

3.8 Elaborate Construction​

Props may not be used to elaborately direct player’s movements. For example, through the creation of a maze. Typically a player’s movement is considered unrestricted if at least two players can fit through the path travelling side by side and they don’t need to jump or crouch in order to travel the path. The construction of any elevated platforms is prohibited in a base defence, in addition players may not build a construction that allows for near one way visibility.

Your version of the rule with the changes highlighted in bold:
Props may not be used to elaborately direct player’s movements. For example, through the creation of a maze. Typically a player’s movement is considered unrestricted if at least two players can fit through the path travelling side by side and they don’t need to jump or crouch in order to travel the path. The construction of any elevated platforms is prohibited in a base defence, in addition players may not build a construction that allows for near one way visibility. (You are also not allowed to use planters/growing plants as a 1 way) Can be changed apon if voted on in an admin meeting (You will see what I mean below in a image of what was done)

Why do you believe this rule should be edited:

People are using drug planters because they are not a "built defense" and hiding behind pixel gaps between the leaves.
r76VOWB.jpeg

Reaction score
surley if they are hiding behind the leaves they also cannot see can you show a example where they can see you but you cant see them ??
hiding behind a bush of drugs shouldn't be disallowed if they cant see either

Reaction score
surley if they are hiding behind the leaves they also cannot see can you show a example where they can see you but you cant see them ??
hiding behind a bush of drugs shouldn't be disallowed if they cant see either
He kills me .5 seconds after this picture is taken?

Reaction score
He kills me .5 seconds after this picture is taken?
yeah i get that but it would be helpful if you could show a valid example of this so we could see how bad it is because if they were blind too then its kinda balanced

Na1

Reaction score
yeah i get that but it would be helpful if you could show a valid example of this so we could see how bad it is because if they were blind too then its kinda balanced
If you ever grew drugs you would realise you can use them as pixel peaks, the fact you are even commenting this shows that you don't.

Reaction score
Due to me no longer playing perp as much as growing at all I do not have any pictures of planters and peaking people through them. I am sure the next time you grow you will be able to see it also.

Reaction score
Using planters for 1-way visibility should indeed be forbidden. When you stand close to them you can easily see your entire apt, including raiders entering your door. This isn't the case for whomever is far away from those planters, hereby creating a oneway.

Reaction score
Under specific circumstances this could prove difficult to enforce, example if someone is bombed and their planters fell in this location. Planters however should never be placed at doors or in a manner which makes them intended to be used as cover.

Reaction score
irl this could be used though, cause its just like standing behind a bush and looking through it, someone on the other side may not be able too see u but u can see them
Irl I wouldn't be growing coke in my bedroom defending it with an as50. As you have figured, Perp is not real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.