Chiefs of Department Action Plan

Reaction score
chiefs.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Chiefs of Department Action Plan

Hello,

As you would have likely seen from other announcements, Super & I have been appointed as the new Chiefs to lead the Paralake Police Department back onto the right track and towards a new level of success.

The main question is, what now? Well, we have many ideas we are to implement in the coming days & weeks that will be described below;

Transparency
We believe that Transparency is a strong topic in regards to the Chiefs of Department, we will be doing all we can in order to open up the inner workings of our office and give the lower-ranked officers and even the general community more of an insight into what we actually do and how it will be done.​
  • First of all, we will be doing an open Q&A on the discord, in which you all will be able to give us your questions and concerns and we will be able to directly give you an immediate answer on that topic and let you know how we will rectify your issue(s).​
  • We will be setting up a public Trello that will directly have some of the things that the Chiefs of Department will be working on and are planning to do​
  • There will be frequent newsletters sent out from the office of the chiefs in conjunction with people services​
  • There will be frequent meetings with the Community Managers & Senior Administration in regards to the status of the police department, what we are doing, and any concerns.​

Audit Officer Implementation
  • Audit officers will be implemented as immediately possible, and will comprise of a small group of people that will have the power to audit divisions and produce reports with recommendations of next step actions and their feedback. They will also be involved in things such as applications, promotions & interviews. Acting as a third party to ensure that everything is done correctly and without bias which is something that a lot of people worry about.​

Chief Accountability
There will be a community survey every 6 months in which community managers will review the responses, if it is overwhelmingly negative, a plan of action will be sent to the chiefs of department with a 1 month period to improve, if there is still no change and the department is in decline then they will have the authority to set another election in motion to replace the chiefs with a more suitable candidate.

Progression
We are discussing ways in order to make progression more open to people that work hard and get stuck at their rank for prolonged periods of time due to already filled slots.​
  • We will be reviewing every command team and continuing with giving appropriate expansions to those divisions that require it, we will ensure that no division stays understaffed and that they have the appropriate manpower in order for them to continue running at a strong increase of success.​
  • We will be splitting Operations Services again, which was removed due to the previous days in which the playerbase was struggling, however, we believe we have come back a long way since then and it is appropriate to reintroduce General Operations & Tactical Operations once more. Especially with the upcoming training system that is being worked on speedily by our great developers, divisions such as RTU & TFU will be recruiting at full force soon and creating this new pathway again will allow the line managers to give more care to the departments under them and avoid them being overwhelmed as well as creating new opportunities for other people to rank up and have some more progression opportunities through the ranks.​
  • There will be no more repeats of past incidents where inactive users will hold spots in command, working with the audit officers and having proactive chiefs, we will ensure everything will run smoothly. If you have concerns you may make a ticket to the chiefs of department with them and we will look into it immediately.​

We are currently still trying to sort out the empty ranks that have now been left behind, the applications are open for you now if you wish to apply for any of the roles. departments with no permanent LT/CPT such as patrol will choose two candidates from the same application.

Major Application
Head of Traffic Application
Head of Patrol Application

We will be over the next few days trying to look through all of the current and new PD suggestions and getting adjusted to our new positions, you can feel free to contact us through any method for any questions/concerns in the meantime. We thank you all for your support.

Best Regards,
Chiefs of Department​

Reaction score
is the new PD website happening or not, that’s been lacking transparency and it’s been a project for a very long time now

Reaction score
"First of all, we will be doing an open Q&A on the discord, in which you all will be able to give us your questions and concerns and we will be able to directly give you an immediate answer on that topic and let you know how we will rectify your issue(s)."

Think this will be answered there!

Reaction score
Ok, now resign from the Staff team and only focus on the PD since it’s a senior role within the community and so is admin.
Good point tbh. I was more or less forced to remove all my developer perms and access to even apply. As a certain person though I shouldn’t even have been allowed to apply for CoD with those, as “no one should have enough power” and “there needs to be a difference between staff and PD”.

So your statement is interesting in the way that there seem to be different rules for different people :facepalm: but ye this is clearly a concern as it goes against what was said and posted!:meh:

A good question is who can hold ranks in both PD and staff, two admins are CoDs, and then a Major is Senior Admin. Would be nice with clarification

Big ups @John Daymon

Reaction score
Are the audit officers chosen or voted for?
The policy for Audit Officers is currently being finalized and may be subject to change but as it currently stands, a recommendation from existing Audit Officers (Currently Tyla and Efan) for a potential candidate is sent to the Chiefs. They will perform a background check before putting the recommendation to SMT for a vote. If a majority is reached in that vote, the candidate will be invited to join the division.

Reaction score
The policy for Audit Officers is currently being finalized and may be subject to change but as it currently stands, a recommendation from existing Audit Officers (Currently Tyla and Efan) for a potential candidate is sent to the Chiefs. They will perform a background check before putting the recommendation to SMT for a vote. If a majority is reached in that vote, the candidate will be invited to join the division.
Nice! Got a question tho. Who will the audit people in the end of the day be under? Who can stop them from publishing reports? and who can fire them?

Reaction score
so will the audit officers not be in divisions such as command IA etc to prevent unfair and biased reporting to protect there branches interests ??

Reaction score
Good point tbh. I was more or less forced to remove all my developer perms and access to even apply. As a certain person though I shouldn’t even have been allowed to apply for CoD with those, as “no one should have enough power” and “there needs to be a difference between staff and PD”.

So your statement is interesting in the way that there seem to be different rules for different people :facepalm: but ye this is clearly a concern as it goes against what was said and posted!:meh:

A good question is who can hold ranks in both PD and staff, two admins are CoDs, and then a Major is Senior Admin. Would be nice with clarification

Big ups @John Daymon
This is something that I was confused about as well. I was under the impression that SENIOR administration, community Management and owners were unable to obtain any rank that is considered Senior Management (Major+)?

Reaction score
Ok, now resign from the Staff team and only focus on the PD since it’s a senior role within the community and so is admin.

Big ups @John Daymon
This is something that I was confused about as well. I was under the impression that SENIOR administration, community Management and owners were unable to obtain any rank that is considered Senior Management (Major+)?

Completely agree with these points but he's already said that a Q&A will be run soon, there isn't much point posting about it in here when you won't get an answer. Those who actually care will voice their concerns in the meeting, as opposed to the ones who just want some cheeky reaction score!

Reaction score
Completely agree with these points but he's already said that a Q&A will be run soon, there isn't much point posting about it in here when you won't get an answer. Those who actually care will voice their concerns in the meeting, as opposed to the ones who just want some cheeky reaction score!
No one is trying to get ratings. But no one knows when this Q&A will happen. It can be tomorrow or in 2 months. So any questions are pretty much valid until they give a date and time, which IMO should have happened as you can't give a 2 days notice.