Couple of questions about videos/demos

Reaction score
1. If your doing a video/demo, is there any way you can make your characters clothes, phone, q-menu appear? Do I have to download addons?

2. Does FPS drop if your doing a video? How to fix? Does anything change when you use video? Like can you see clothes, phone or q-menu when you have video?

3. If I open up gmod, and I go into demos/videos folder, and I open up one of them, I have to go on the server to watch the video, which is a little hassle, is there a way I can like permanently download the map?

4. When I publish a demo, will it go to my steam? If so can i use any recording software to record that and use that as demo evidence?

5. Referring to Q No. 2, if i use a recording software, will I be able to see all the q-menu stuff and everything else?

I am not going to do an AR for anything as, it's okay, it was cheap and I'm a chill guy, i don't care, I just want to know details about demos, and if these questions could be a
nswered it would be GREAT Thank you SO MUCH to anyone who responded to my support question I figured out how to do demos and fixed my problem :), whoever responds to this, thank you so much, :D

Reaction score
A1.
Demos aren't the best for videos, they're extremely buggy, I'd just recommend recording live game-play since it will show everything. If you have a Nvidia GPU you can use Geforce Experience to clip Game-play into a folder.

A2.
FPS can drop during videos but it depends on your PC build, typically it's not that many. Like I said, demo's aren't the best for game-play recordings, however they'll do just fine for evidence (given that they actually supply it).

A3.
The only Perpheads content you can get is on the Steam Workshop so the answer to that is no.

A4.
The way we transfer demos to one another is just by downloading them using sites primarily like MEGA. Just click on file upload in the top right and select the demo you wish to upload by going to the demos folder
(Program files (x86)>Steam>SteamApps>Common>GarrysMod>garrysmod>Demos)

A5.
As far as I'm aware any recording software will capture it both live or in a demo.

I think I answered everything but if you're not clear on anything feel free to ask.

Reaction score
A1.
Demos aren't the best for videos, they're extremely buggy, I'd just recommend recording live game-play since it will show everything. If you have a Nvidia GPU you can use Geforce Experience to clip Game-play into a folder.

A2.
FPS can drop during videos but it depends on your PC build, typically it's not that many. Like I said, demo's aren't the best for game-play recordings, however they'll do just fine for evidence (given that they actually supply it).

A3.
The only Perpheads content you can get is on the Steam Workshop so the answer to that is no.

A4.
The way we transfer demos to one another is just by downloading them using sites primarily like MEGA. Just click on file upload in the top right and select the demo you wish to upload by going to the demos folder
(Program files (x86)>Steam>SteamApps>Common>GarrysMod>garrysmod>Demos)

A5.
As far as I'm aware any recording software will capture it both live or in a demo.

I think I answered everything but if you're not clear on anything feel free to ask.

This may be a stupid question, as i'm not familiar with this but.
How do I record live gameplay?
Thank you for your response by the way, it really helped :)

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, as i'm not familiar with this but.
How do I record live gameplay?
Thank you for your response by the way, it really helped :)
If you have a Nvidia GPU you can get Geforce Experience and it'll let you clip the past 'x' amount minutes (time can be changed in settings). If you don't you can use a recording software, I recommend OBS, It's free and fairly simple to use once you get the hang of it. As always there a plenty of guides for it if you do get confused.

Sorry for the late response