Dank's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Dank

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:55500665

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:
I'd like to not make this too long so it stays readable. So to get started, I have for the last year since I rejoined the community said I was not going to apply for staff as I had no interest for it. This has however changed recently. This might have to do with how I play the game, I do not grow anymore and mostly hang around where ever and drive around.

Recently I noticed that enforcing might be interesting, I have been staff on multiple servers before and always quitte liked finding out what happened, My interests here spiked not because I want to punish people but more the investigation that goes behind it. It seems very interesting to help out players and find out how situations went. Some people might know me to be toxic occasionally but I am always fair. I don't let personal preference or bias get in the way of what I think. I don't care if you hate me or we ever had beef, just what happened.

My rule knowledge is very decent, So is my ban / warning history except for a 3.4 ban in february. In the 6 years I've been in this community I always had alot of respect for the way staff deal with things. Now I would like to help them out with where I am good at, Which is communicating and figuring things out I'm very motivated and active.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:

I'd love to get some feedback. And I know I am not alot in help chat, I'm not applying for helper.

In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following three requirements:
  • Your time played on the server must be at least one week.
  • No recent in-game bans and warnings on record, this includes both the forums and the server.
  • You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them.
  • You must have access to and use a microphone. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server.

Reaction score
I'd love to get some feedback. And I know I am not alot in help chat, I'm not applying for helper.
in my opinion this is still something you should do, the enforcer role is ultimatley about helping players, whether thats with rulebreaks, understanding the server etc. You still need to prove this imo. I think I've had one maybe two interactions with you in-game, you don't seem to be actively playing when I'm online which might be why I don't see you.

Quote didn't work so I'll put it here: And I know I am not alot in help chat, I'm not applying for helper.

Reaction score
Ofcourse I will change my behaviour to suit the role and being AFK is usually due to me doing Blueduck / Perpheads help development as I sit there. I am always instantly available if needed. Thanks for the feedback I shall work on it :)

Reaction score
As I said to Tinky I am very often on the server but doing either PLPD / Perphead help stuff in the background, Ofcourse that limits my activity in chat. Thank you for the feedback tho I shall work on it!

Reaction score
Tinky no offense to you lad but i have seen you be rather toxic and hypocritical in ooc before so i dont think you have any room to talk about improving behaviour to others

Reaction score
As I said, I am on my PC. But instead of powergrowing in a appartment, I try and do development work, I dont see what the difference :)

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Being tabbed out of the game will mean you aren’t able to see rule breaks happening that you would when you are playing and also I’m not sure if there is an audible noise when a report comes in but you could miss them as well.

I appreciate that you do work on PLPD and PH stuff and that is great but to be an enforcer you kind of need to play the game

Reaction score
@ModoSN There is a report sound and I still am active in game multiple hours a day. The hours I AFK I spent developing. I still don't see the difference between powergrowing or being productive.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
@Dank to be honest I wouldn’t like staff powergrowing either? Yeah sure when the server isn’t busy and for a few hours a day but the majority of their time should be at least passively playing or being a job so they are actually involved in the community and also to potentially witness anyone breaking rules

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
@CaughtRed no? I clearly said that I think staff should be passively playing or a job so they are engaging with the community and can witness rule breaks.

Reaction score
I have to agree with Tinky on this one, you are in my opinion too toxic to get a role like this. I do see you being online often and myself did not see you AFK that much but this is not my point.

I will stay neutral on this.

Reaction score
Hello Dank!

I thought I'd give my opinion on this, I will lay it out as Positives and Negatives, then give my overall conclusion.

POSITIVES:
You have been getting quite a lot of development work in for the server, Blueduck etc. This shows your community teamwork, which is always a positive!
You appear to be approachable whenever you are needed.
You show an 'Active' (to a reasonable extent) presence on the TeamSpeak.
You are always great to have a joke about with, especially on the TeamSpeak.

On to the NEGATIVES:

I mentioned your active presence on the TeamSpeak, but I rarely see you helping newer users within the community and HelpChat. There are a few occasions where I do, but you need to show a HIGH presence and not every now and again.

Your record is something I thought I should mention, I won't go into many details, but only the BASIC Bits. You received a warning and a ban in February. Both of these were for 3.4. I feel as though your rule knowledge needs to be expanded on before you try to proceed to Enforcer.

You appear to show an active presence in-game, but as mentioned by a few users, You usually sit AFK and are coding. Staff are usually needed on the server quite a lot. If you're on the server but not showing an actual ACTIVE staff presence, then how can users expect to maintain themselves?

As mentioned about your activity, You appear to come on most, if not all days, but your time on the server is very spotty. By this I mean, You appear to join, then 15-20 minutes later you disconnect. This pattern appears to be quite frequent. I suggest working on your Activity and all points mentioned above.

CONCLUSION:
I feel as though you need some more time working on your negatives that I listed above. However, I wish you good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.