Police Suggestion Dispatch “panic” function when on CCTV displays the panic at their camera location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

If a dispatcher hits their panic button whilst using CCTV, the panic should display at the location their camera is watching.

This is good for dispatchers who witness a violent crime in progress, or spot a high risk suspect. This would also create a quick incident at the location of the camera, thus buying time for dispatch.

The panic would also be better than having to await transmissions to clear as a panic often clears any non urgent communications.

An alternative text command could be added for this if developers feel the panic feature wouldn’t suffice here.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:

- Makes dispatching quicker
- Makes sense
- Quick response times: officer panics prompt a faster response time usually to any incidents except for the bank alarm.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- Misuse? I dunno, @Ellie and @Collier are both incredibly capable of dealing with misuse of this function.
- If a dispatcher needs to panic but is on CCTV it may display the wrong location. (Not that dispatch ever need to panic really).
Other additions:

Reaction score
I love this idea and it simply makes sense, I was also playing dispatch yesterday and one feature I believe should be added is that Dispatch should have access to the "Quick Incident" menu.

For example yesterday Fredy blew a bomb just outside PD, I quickly tried to go into the computer and create a quick incident for "Explosion nearby" since its one of the possible options just to find out that Dispatch does not have access to it (or the menu to assign units while on the PD computer).

Status
Not open for further replies.