Double J's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Double J

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:53480272

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?: After nearly 4 months of being a helper, I feel I have gained the experience to fulfil the role of enforcer. After the announcement of exams being cancelled and schools closing, I have more time on my hands to dedicate to the community.
After taking up many Help and Support reports and dealing with and watching over normal reports I feel that I am ready to take the next step by joining the staff team at the rank of enforcer. I feel by taking up these reports and then listening to feedback, my knowledge has gone further in-depth in the rules of the server. I have actively been asking to view and even take player reports to gain experience, to which I feel has also helped with my understanding of how to deal with
An example of this was yesterday when I explained some rules to some new players who were unsure about metagaming etc. The feedback I have received from some people after dealing with their questions is generally positive, hopefully, you can all see this too.

Many people may have some issues with me, For example, the incident where my steam account was hacked, along with a few other members of the community, the start of this hack was 2 months before anything happened. Since this incident, I have taken further measures to ensure my account is secure.

Some people may have noticed a downfall inactivity during Christmas. This was due to me spending time with family and friends and relaxing. Around Boxing day is when I started to join back after my break.

Why should I be picked?:
I have extensive knowledge when it comes to staffing, after staffing on multiple servers, for example, Icefuse networks, which gets a player base of around 128 players a day, I have gained skills like working well under pressure and multi-tasking, I feel that with these skills I can prove to be an asset to the staff team.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?: I thank you for reading this application and hope to receive some detailed and informative feedback.

Requirements:

In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following three requirements:

• Your time played on the server must be at least one week.
  • No recent in-game bans and warnings on record.
  • You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them.
  • You must have access to and use a microphone. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server.

Reaction score
I have taken double J on a few sits, he seems very competent and is good at dealing with players struggling to grasp the rules. Although he has some room to improve I think he'd be decent as enforcer
Thank you for your feedback Joey, Very appreciated.
I take on any feedback given by users in reports etc and always try to improve on them.

Reaction score
All of these people giving you a disagree rating yet not giving any feedback, if you disagree with Double J becoming enforcer then at least have the decency to explain why he shouldn't..

You have been helper for a while and you've been a great asset, I support this!
Thank you for the reply and feedback Clarky, greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
@speklolly02, care to expand on your disagree ratings?

I am curious what DoubleJ has done to cause such a profound response from yourself.
Why are we calling people out? Ratings mean fuck all so I don't see what the issue is. I can rate this disagree if I wanted to regardless if I had any bad encounters with him, people are allowed to rate whatever they want and not having to give a reason as to why they did it.

Reaction score
Why are we calling people out? Ratings mean fuck all so I don't see what the issue is. I can rate this disagree if I wanted to regardless if I had any bad encounters with him, people are allowed to rate whatever they want and not having to give a reason as to why they did it.
The dude was rating disagree to everything, even Double J just thanking someone for feedback, seems excessive imo

Reaction score
The dude was rating disagree to everything, even Double J just thanking someone for feedback, seems excessive imo
Fair enough to that, but theres no need to call him out for it. If you feel like he's abusing the ratings then just make a forum report and get his ratings removed. It's pretty simple, I just don't see why you're resorting to making a huge deal out of it all.

Reaction score
@speklolly02, care to expand on your disagree ratings?

I am curious what DoubleJ has done to cause such a profound response from yourself.
Why are you calling people out to explain their rating? if they disagree then that's it, I am also curious to why only this helper? This has never been done before so why now?

Reaction score
He sounds like he is 4ft tall and lives in Kent, so I'll have to agree on him becoming an Enforcer.

But for real; I never really had any problems with Jimbo, he seems kind n' competent to become an Enforcer, decent dude and decent attitude. But- that's just my perspective on Jimmy, I don't know what horrible things he did to make people dislike his Enforcer application thingy, there are much worse people that have been Staff like COUGH, Tom and Roy.

Reaction score
Because if there’s a reason behind it that should be known to the staff team before making this decision. He clearly feels strongly about something but hasn’t expanded. He rated every post in this thread disagree, that is why I asked.

Reaction score
Because if there’s a reason behind it that should be known to the staff team before making this decision. He clearly feels strongly about something but hasn’t expanded. He rated every post in this thread disagree, that is why I asked.
Then get his ratings removed. Simple

Reaction score
He sounds like he is 4ft tall and lives in Kent, so I'll have to agree on him becoming an Enforcer.

But for real; I never really had any problems with Jimbo, he seems kind n' competent to become an Enforcer, decent dude and decent attitude. But- that's just my perspective on Jimmy, I don't know what horrible things he did to make people dislike his Enforcer application thingy, there are much worse people that have been Staff like COUGH, Tom and Roy.
Thank you for the response and feedback, appreciate it.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind you Jimmy. However you don't seem to understand when people are joking especially when its dead blatant. Granted I haven't seen you do this in the past month or so but it does scare me a bit as the worst thing a perp mod can do is punish someone for making a blatantly obvious joke. However I guess that also goes as a commendation as it shows you're trying to make a difference.

I guess I'm neutral on this one.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind you Jimmy. However you don't seem to understand when people are joking especially when its dead blatant. Granted I haven't seen you do this in the past month or so but it does scare me a bit as the worst thing a perp mod can do is punish someone for making a blatantly obvious joke. However I guess that also goes as a commendation as it shows you're trying to make a difference.

Thank you for the feedback and informative reply Aidan.

I understand where you are coming from, and I phased out of this some time ago. There are times where someone may make a joke but other players or myself or other staff members might not find it funny and sometimes even offensive.
If you do have any concerns at any point, you can always contact me, I can't do much if players don't approach me as you did.

Again, Thank you for your reply.

Reaction score

I agree with you both here so I thought I’d add my opinion

Enforcer is in a sense almost a trial role with limited powers where the person is looked over and supervised, it puts the person under experienced staff and allows them to learn

I don’t see why accepting Jimmy would be bad, as he the enforcer role is designed to be able to teach people exactly this and prepare them for a more senior staff role

tl:dr I believe the enforcer role is a role where you will learn and improve and you shouldn’t have to be perfect before accepted

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback and informative reply Aidan.

I understand where you are coming from, and I phased out of this some time ago. There are times where someone may make a joke but other players or myself or other staff members might not find it funny and sometimes even offensive.
If you do have any concerns at any point, you can always contact me, I can't do much if players don't approach me as you did.

Again, Thank you for your reply.
Ngl I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. I was talking about some joke forum posts I made that were neither offensive nor broke forum rules. You replied to them though with a serious response. The one that stands out to me is when I made a joke about making a PLPD replica but for a FD and you gave a very serious reply. I'll see if I can find the posts again just so you understand what I am referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.