Earliest "gaming memory"

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

For everyone here, we all had that first game or first experience that eventually got us into gaming. I'm curious to know what everyone's first (or earliest memory) gaming experience was.

For me I can boil it down to two things. In 2002/2003 I remember playing a Lego pizza delivery game on floppy disc and school. In afterschool club they had a PS1 with a racing game that me and my twin would always play (literally just go in circles).

We told my grandma about this and she showed us her mega drive she got herself back when She retired in the 1990's (she's 84 now but can still play sonic). After this me and my twin brother were hooked on video games.

My elder brother already had a PS1, and we would watch him play Dino crisis or resident evil 1 (which I was too scared to play lol)
Come Christmas 2003, my dad got us a PS2, which came with: Half life 1, cel damage override, road trip, and crash bandicute (I think). For the next 10 or so years we did what everyone did and purchase 100s of ps2 games. Such as conflict desert storm, all the gta games, Star Wars battlefront 1 and 2.

Then in around 2008 with the launch of GTA 4 my eldest brother purchased a Xbox 360 (we never owned a original Xbox) along with GTA. This collection lasted until 2012, where my parents got me and my twin our first gaming PC.

And since then it's been glorious :pcmr: along with and Xbox one and PS4.

However now I'm grown up I never have the time or money to play video games anymore.

Oh and throw in some runescape and habbo (where the real rp happened). I was there when they started the afro man in the pool thing but left before more came

Tl;dr
I played video games now I don't

Reaction score
THE ONE THE ONLY
320px-Disney_Toontown_Online-title.png

Played it tonight and oh dear I feel as if I may need to invest summer into this game.

Reaction score
Black on the PS2.

And the best of all..

Here it comes..

SWAT 4, brilliant game I still play to this day.

Also GameCube Soul Caliber, Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Xbox Halo stuff.

Deleted member 1235

Black on the PS2.

And the best of all..

Here it comes..

SWAT 4, brilliant game I still play to this day.

Also GameCube Soul Caliber, Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Xbox Halo stuff.
Oh shit I completely forgot about my GameCube. Playing 007 and cod finest hour on there was bomb

Reaction score
First played video games on PS2, played most of the need for speeds, ace combat, a couple others i don't remember the name of of. My favorite was probably mercenaries: playground of destruction, that game was basically GTA, that one got me hooked into video games.
First PC game I played was some 16 bit RPG game that I don't remember the name of but had a ton of fun playing. I think the first multiplayer game I played was Runescape around 2008 when I was 9. (I still have the same account to this day, never got a 99 lul)
Eventually got into Battlefield: Vietnam which is probably my second favorite game from my childhood. Got into CoD from there, MW2 & WaW were my favorites.
Oh, also Medal of Honor was really fun, but I don't remember when I played it.

Reaction score
playing shrek superslam on the ps2 and a 1000 other games that i torrented xddd

Reaction score
Grew up with an N64, papa Nintendo took good care of me. First game I remember playing is this. This includes Mario and Banjo Kazooie.
F-Zero-X.jpg

After that we got hold of a PC. We had MAME which had shit tons of arcade games, lots of fun. That's also the time when I found my love for Half Life when I got it as my birthday present.
Then we also decided to get a PS2, we modified it so it could read pirated discs lmao. We also had Eye Toy 2, lots of fun with state of the art camera technology.
Some time passes, PSP gets released. Get a white fat one with Daxter (Just Daxter, Jak wasnt included. His own game mayne) which still brings good memories and of course, modified and it could run emulators so that was also pretty good fun.
Get Xbox 360, Halo 3, TIME OF MY LIFE COLLECTING ALL SKULLS then Micro$oft bans our console...because we modified that too lmao.
Get PS3, oh hey free online, nothing too interesting, play some CoD on it atleast+Tekken+Resident Evil. Atleast this didn't get modified.

That's it I guess.

Reaction score
doom and wolfenstein 3d on my 486 with 8MB of ram and a voodoo video card. Then 3 years later on i got my Pentium 1 and the game i really enjoyed was little big adventures. I'm such a oldfag, i did have a SNES with Mario and such but a computer was so much more interesting.

Reaction score
This was my shit back in the day. I still think they're the best in the series :3. Really nostalgic to be honest, makes me wanna go out and buy another copy. Loved it back then and my experiences when I was little lmao

Thanks @Duffy
250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png

250px-Diamond_EN_boxart.jpg

Reaction score
Since I am one of the younger people here, I started playing games like Warcraft 3 (with my dad sometimes actually xd) and some other games like warcraft, but then I got a PS3 when I was like 6 or something and I also got 2 games with it.
The first one was :
Assassins_Creed_brotherhood_cover.jpg

I remember playing this so much. Good memories xD
I also got this.. game.. :
Littlebigplanet2-boxart.jpg

Fucking creepy dude sitting on the planet.. (look him in the eyes wtf)

I also got all of the killzones but liked killzone 3 the most.

So anyway, when I turned 7 I got COD MW3 for the PS3 and so on then I got a laptop and got like GMod there later.

Wait I forgot! I also played this back on PS3
mafia_ii_boxart.jpg

This is the best fucking game ever. (Can't imagine how I played this game at my early age of like 7 or so, I mean there are scenes where like 5 people stab one dude together to death..)

I still have all those games left and I have like 10 of them for PS3 but fucking controllers are shit so I either get new ones or I can go fuck myself.
Then my 10th birthday came, I got COD ghosts for PS4 but I'm like "dad but dis is foer ps4 nut ps3" and then I got a PS4.. What a plan dad xd. Nowdays I don't play on the consoles but I do have some nice shit on there so yeah. Heres the story of how I brutally murdered people in a game at age 7.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This was my shit back in the day. I still think they're the best in the series :3. Really nostalgic to be honest, makes me wanna go out and buy another copy. Loved it back then and my experiences when I was little lmao

Thanks @Duffy
250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png

250px-Diamond_EN_boxart.jpg
e yo don't forget my boy
latest

I played pearl and @Sonzy played diamond. From there on we always buy opposite pokemon games to see whos the best. then it died out because neither of us bought into a 3ds