Emergency Service vehicle reform.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4431
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4431

Main Idea: To replace all the emergency service vehicles with Photon/VC ones or some of the well-renowned ones. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360269055

Full description of the idea: What's said above.

Why should it be added?: Because in my opinion the vehicles are getting a bit mundane - as well as the sirens. I don't know what anyone else thinks but I'm guessing it'll be the same. Whenever I see someone in the ambulance driving down the road or whatever I just see it as a little cringey if you will, the sirens just sound strange. Photon vehicles are also just better in terms of quality, let alone sirens and lights - The fire engines are so much better, along with the police cars and EMS vehicles.

Pros:
  • Everything's better in regards to emergency service vehicles.
  • In vehicles such as the ambulance doors can be opened.

Cons:
  • Takes a fairly long time to do.
  • Requires reskins to Paralake City
*Other additions:

612A24B5C88EE41E9DB2953AD867C3E833F47B01

EEDD595EB10A7C190E1F9E9F7D6FD9522B06EEEE

FF96B4B7CEB61439009CC3A519A35DE1008D3420

641D3C5B9436E71B5D8A3941EBF87426DDF5B45C

F994232E146B9270E4E746FDE3ADBA9572C2DEAF

264CE62BAF708E96A8F1040CE0583BB666217C40

Reaction score
might be a bit optimistic but this will not happen although you could suggest some of the features from that mod which the devs could try to create? eg the ambulance doors or maybe lighting patterns

Reaction score
You must create a Discussion thread first before posting here.

Not only that, this idea is completely unnecessary. There is nothing wrong with our current ambulance and those police skins look horrific. You claim that the cars are getting mundane - but suggested a Crown Vic, a vehicle we already have ingame as a Police Car, then also suggested a Chevy Suburban even though we already have a Police SUV.

This idea was not thought through at all, was it?

Deleted member 4431

You must create a Discussion thread first before posting here.

Not only that, this idea is completely unnecessary. There is nothing wrong with our current ambulance and those police skins look horrific. You claim that the cars are getting mundane - but suggested a Crown Vic, a vehicle we already have ingame as a Police Car, then also suggested a Chevy Suburban even though we already have a Police SUV.

This idea was not thought through at all, was it?
clearly it was or else I wouldn't be posting it at all and have posted in the pros/cons section?
There's plenty wrong with our current ambulance:
  • Interior quality looks like semi-melted plastic
  • No room in the back, making some actual medical roleplay non existant
  • Siren noise is weird
As for the Crown Vic in comparison to our current one:
  • Better quality interior and exterior
  • Better lightbars
  • Better sirens
  • Fences/Windows separating the rear and front.
As for the Suburban:
  • Bigger vehicle, actually makes sense for TFU to have such a large vehicle as they'd be carrying extensive weaponry and breaching equipment.
  • Better lightbars
  • Better sirens
  • Better quality interior/exterior.
yes, the current vehicles are 'fine' but why stop there? You seem really, really determined to shame me, but the minute someone like Tyla shows up you change your tone and argument to 'Well, the ambulance isn't great, but it's fine'. clearly you're the one who didn't think their post through

This isn't me taking a dig at PH developers at all, they did a good job with the vehicles but yeah.

But turns out after some research the reason it isn't added is mainly because of FPS issues, so the main suggestion can go ahead and be denied then. Tho I like the idea of @LordTyla 's post; integrate some of the photon shit into our current vehicles, e.g the ambulance having an interior in the back

Reaction score
No room in the back, making some actual medical roleplay non existant
Medics dont have time to roleplay because at a full server they get a life alert like every fuckin second.

• Better lightbars
  • Better sirens
As for the Suburban:
  • Bigger vehicle, actually makes sense for TFU to have such a large vehicle as they'd be carrying extensive weaponry and breaching equipment.
  • Better lightbars
  • Better sirens
This doesnt add any roleplay benefit.

Tbh i like the current cars. thses ones have to be made to work in perp, they need a reskin. Im fine with the current models and everything, only think i like is *adding* a photon light system to cars, however that adds a GUI which i dont feel that belongs on the server. there are ofcourse ways around this but i dont see the devs doing that, besides photon will never work on perp(heads) because the framerates are bad enough. Have a demo of my photon cars i coded myself, they dont even have advanced lightning and already reduced my fps by 50.

you can see the framerate just sucks

Reaction score
clearly it was or else I wouldn't be posting it at all and have posted in the pros/cons section?
There's plenty wrong with our current ambulance:
  • Interior quality looks like semi-melted plastic
  • No room in the back, making some actual medical roleplay non existant
  • Siren noise is weird
I have never really looked at the interior; A room in the back isn't going to solve medic RP; How is the siren weird?

• Better lightbars
  • Better sirens
Exterior looks pretty much identical; Nothing wrong with the lightbars; Sirens are so trivial and also interchangeable client-side; Okay, a fence would be more realistic, but then again detainees can't really do much anyway.

As for the Suburban:
  • Better lightbars
  • Better sirens
We have an Escalade, a Porsche Cayenne and a Rover, how many more SUVs do you want?

You seem really, really determined to shame me
If you say so? It was never my intention to 'shame you', I was simply expressing my opinion?

Photon vehicles are also just better
And laggy.

but the minute someone like Tyla shows up you change your tone and argument to 'Well, the ambulance isn't great, but it's fine'. clearly you're the one who didn't think their post through
This is possibly the dumbest statement anyone has made towards me so far, I do not let myself be influenced by anyone, I couldn't care less if Tyla agrees with me or not (no offence). My post was thought through, as I personally feel none of this is necessary. It's an opinion, learn to bloody deal with it.

But turns out after some research the reason it isn't added is mainly because of FPS issues
Hey! Look at that! Your post wasn't as well thought through as you said it was. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 4431

Hey! Look at that! Your post wasn't as well thought through as you said it was. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sorry that I didn't interview every member of the community pal
theres such as thing as not getting a response thicko

Reaction score
sorry that I didn't interview every member of the community pal
theres such as thing as not getting a response thicko
Looking through old suggestions isn't the same as interviewing everyone;

https://perpheads.com/threads/ness-ideas-new-goverment-veh-ems-system.16937/#post-119742

• StephenPuffs said:
    So let me get this straight, you think roleplay would be improved based on a different lighting effect? On what possible basis are you saying this if you don't mind me asking?

Our current system may be relatively basic admittedly, but I don't see much reason to go through the hassle of trying to implement some new 3rd party tool for no real gain in my opinion.

Additionally, you make it sound like this would then make us want to include undercover vehicles, the reason we don't add those has nothing to do with setting up lighting effects. Read the reasons under the denied section to gain a better understanding.
    Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.