Employee Satisfaction Survey - Q1 2023 Responses

Reaction score
ess23q1r.png
Preface

This quarter's Employee Satisfaction Survey is now closed, a total of 46 responses were submitted and gave us a wide range of opinions and feedback. We would like to thank everyone who submitted a response for taking the time to do so, here are some of the feedback given to us and our thoughts about them.

Names may have been removed, but responses have not been edited in any other way. Spelling and grammar is exactly the same as how responses have been submitted.

Rank
Forms response chart. Question title: What rank do you hold?. Number of responses: 46 responses.

How likely are you to recommend joining PLPD to a friend or new player?Forms response chart. Question title: How likely are you to recommend joining PLPD to a friend or new player?. Number of responses: 46 responses.

• I chose 7 as I wouldn't really recommend PD to new players just because what most new players are like.
  • At this point i don´t have nothing agaisnt PLPD, i think is working correctly for years and still continue with a great high standard
  • i love being an officer, but sometimes its just too much. as a low rank officer, i find that if i do something wrong, instead of being told what i should do better to improve as an officer, i often find myself getting shouted at or being mocked for something small or out of my control, and instead of making me improve it just makes me upset.
  • There are some really nice people, they act professional and do their very best! but sometimes it's a bit hard when a new officer is trying simply failing to do their job or even refusing. i've had this happen a few times now and makes the experience a lot less.
  • Being a police officer is a stressful roleplay style, even more so when playing PERPHeads a server which I enjoy playing however I must admit takes the rules extremely seriously with a rough compounding rate for punishment severity paired with all the information one is expected to memorize and learn. Simply put, a friend of mine becoming a PLPD Officer would very much cause them to instantly get banned or get bored of dying to black screens. If the player is experienced and knows how to roleplay as an officer very well and has taught themselves an adequate sum of the rules such that they won't be in trouble then I would.
  • progression is muddled and confusing, feedback near non existent. got told to get some ors without further explaination.

In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
Forms response chart. Question title: In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.. Number of responses: 46 responses.

• I don't recall anything of the sort
  • maybe an occasional well done from a supervisor on scene but not really from anywhere else
  • i feel like if i do something good, i never get praise, but if i do something ever so slightly wrong i get told off or shouted at, of course not always. but its happened a lot
  • I preform all my duties to the best of my abilities with or without supervision and while I am supervised I take lead to the point where my supervisors will notice that I have covered all grounds with all factors included or discarded to showcase my level of competence as an officer.
  • I don't think i have ever been given praise for doing good in situations,Not really a thing that happens,can't pinpoint why.
  • Same reason as usual, I don't specifically ask for observation reports (mainly because I am very content with the roles I have already and don't see the need to apply for higher ranks etc.).

I have the materials such as guides, policies and procedures to do my job well.
Forms response chart. Question title: I have the materials such as guides, policies and procedures to do my job well.. Number of responses: 46 responses.

• the handbook and police guide are really helpful
  • some policies go against eachother but there are lots of recourses to help
  • I do but it took me ages before I could actually memorize, comprehend and understand. Many of the things are far too scarcely mentioned in the front page of things for everybody to be expected to know them as they are hard to find or not thoroughly explained yet severely punishable.
  • All resources are available except for certain law descriptions not going into enough detail like for example attempting to steal a car, but getting caught, if it's vandalism for damaging it or what law that would rather be.

Supervisors provide me with the support I need to complete my work.
Forms response chart. Question title: Supervisors provide me with the support I need to complete my work.. Number of responses: 45 responses.

• if u can find one that is
  • I don't talk to supervisors that much and mostly only when a civil requests one
  • some supervisors seem to ignore you, others seem to be amazing.
  • I have received helpful tips from all supervisors i have spoken with.
  • Supervisors are always knowledgeable and ready if I have a question, and are able to course correct if I make a simple mistake without completely discrediting me.
  • Most of the supervisors I've seen have appeared supportive towards other officers.
  • I won't need one 99% of the time and have never had to ask for one for myself but I've seen the support they give and can say they're very helpful.

Help is available from the PLPD when I have a problem.
Forms response chart. Question title: Help is available from the PLPD when I have a problem.. Number of responses: 46 responses.

• all PLPD structure is always friendly and allows other to get help in any situations.
  • Making helpdesk and asking for feedback never was a problem.
  • communication is a mess.
  • Helpdesk exists. As do Supervisors and plenty of other members of Command if the issue is serious - depends what's classed as 'help', though.
  • When i ask a question in /gov people don’t answer me. When i ask in person they usually ignore me, but in the dashboard they will answer in a few hours/minutes
  • Depends what problem you have. If there is an IA on you there is very minimal evidence.

Are you proud to be a member of the PLPD?

Forms response chart. Question title: Are you proud to be a member of the PLPD?. Number of responses: 45 responses.

• Yes because i felt achieved when i got the rank
  • I enjoy it but I am saddened it's taking me this long to rank up within it and gain TFU access. I know these trials are needed to maximize quality but I am awaiting the day I succeed and finally achieve these spots in the PLPD which makes me happy not only regarding the moment of crowning but that I went through the process to get there anyway.
  • In a way, yes, I am. I genuinely cannot express the respect I have for this server for providing every day players with a rare opportunity to play a role that requires legitimate concentration and knowledge to perform well. It feels really rewarding at times.
  • Yes, but seeing all the IA material makes me doubt the professionalism of new officers
  • Why not? The PLPD is fun and yeah I know some officers are dicks but not all.

My opinions seem to count.
Forms response chart. Question title: My opinions seem to count.. Number of responses: 45 responses.

• higher ranks only help each other
  • Depends the situations
  • In all my years here they have never actually taken my or done anything with my opinion.
  • Sometimes my opinion gets respected and the person doesnt have a problem with it. But most of the time i get responses like "nobody asked", "who asked", "we dont care"
  • This survey is the best example, people get heard by command.
  • Most decisions are made by command without any interraction with their training staff.
  • I don't feel they do, I don't know if that's because of my rank. I've been in PLPD on and off for 6/7 years and now I hope to stay and work my way up so hopefully I should see how this changes over time.

What’s the best thing that has happened to you in the PLPD these past 3 months?

• Ranking up and getting TFU
  • 1. When i was on patrol with a TFO there was a hostage situation and there was one hostage taker. I asked for permision to shoot the hostage as there was only one and i one tapped him.
2. I scored 26 out of 35 on my tfu application and i an proud of myself
  • The overall community, and public, seem to gravitate and prefer me in their problems when they have one.
  • i was kissed by a lovely high ranking officer
  • Wiping 8 ASDA members alone in light gear TFU in Slums with a UMP and a dream
  • My promotion to SO

Most days I receive feedback from my Supervisors and coworkers about my performance.
Forms response chart. Question title: Most days I receive feedback from my Supervisors and coworkers about my performance.. Number of responses: 46 responses.

• I get feedback from CRPL + and supervisors but not all the time
  • i often stick to myself, cause im not much of a people person, but some supervisors are lovely, some are really toxic.
  • Especially in supervisor situations, yes, they always speak with me after about performance.
  • I don't specifically feel the need to ask for feedback. However, when instances occur where I may have done something wrong, higher-ups tell me so and explain to me why in a detailed way.
  • I think they are scared to speak up
  • I've never been given feedback while on duty - either because I haven't fucked up in front of a coworker/supervisor before or because people simply don't give it. I don't think it's entirely necessary since if a problem is large enough it'll be brought up anyway.
  • Unless im in an OR you dont usually hear Sups saying well done or something like after a raid i say well done boys or well done fellas

If you had a magic wand, what's the one thing you would change about PLPD?

• How the PLPD website displays on phones
  • give me tfu
  • change command strcuture
  • have mentors or section style for officers wanting to rank up
  • honestly, just overhaul the feedback systems. No OR's in over 15hrs service in game, one positive feedback from a TFU total. on failure of a test I had no feedback to why at all,, after I took the last test's feedback.
  • Just because someone maybe uses there voice little louder and has a different opinion than anyone else in the room doesn't make them a bad person or less of a person
  • add some new stuff into the police department, such as some clothing changes, like your medals/awards on your uniform, maybe where you can change your hats to a beanie, beret and maybe some gloves to switch through.

Is there anything else on your mind which you'd like to tell us?

• I am proud to have this great achievement on being an officer in this game
  • Nothing in particular. Perhaps make the PD a bit more secure. Seems very easy for people to waltz in.
  • Thanks for your exceptional work!

Reaction score
How would you rate the Operational Services command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Operational Services command team?. Number of responses: 40 responses.
Total score:320 Average:8.0

• Good job i think
  • Collier is a good captain
  • They are pretty much perfect
  • I have no experience with them.

How would you rate the Patrol command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Patrol command team?. Number of responses: 42 responses.
Total score:277 Average:6.6

• Normaly i don´t see them around or doing they job inside game
  • im not perfectly sure what ALL of these things mean, but im guessing patrol command means people that take care of patrol officers, making sure they are doing their job. ive never really seen anyone telling patrol officers what to do, and i see a lot of low rank officers being idiots, so im gonna say they arent doing the best
  • They are always honest.
  • They need to start assisting and helping Teach new officers.Cause that is mainly their job(apart from doing apps like Tazers and stuff like that)

How would you rate the Road Traffic Unit command team?

Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Road Traffic Unit command team?. Number of responses: 42 responses.
Total score:335 Average:8.0

• Very Active and helping others making sure to give ORS when they can, but a bit more of time in game never hurt anyone
  • they do a pretty good job, they all seem to be very nice and polite when talking to other officers, never had an issue with them. always been some of my fav officers
  • As I said im sure they are doing their job I just hope for more activities, Also more training for officers so that there is a common understanding at least of the more important codes across all of the officers of the PLPD.

I would also like for them to take on more traffic violations instead of being first to rush in with their highlighter colored vests on when a shootout happens.
  • Road Traffic feels like a well oiled machine, and cares if I wanted to move in/up through them.

How would you rate the Tactical Firearms Unit command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Tactical Firearms Unit command team?. Number of responses: 43 responses.
Total score:349 Average:8.1

• I love having long conversations with Bnej
  • Good coordination and performance, but a little unfriendly.
  • It also is one of the more active divisions and the one that is the most enjoyable to patrol with due to the fact one can count on them when things get rough (most of the time)
  • I think the Command team is great! The training is hard, but that's sorta the point as it is extremely volatile.

How would you rate the Administrative Services command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Administrative Services command team?. Number of responses: 38 responses.
Total score:294 Average:7.7

• they always working, keep the good job
  • i dont know what they do, so im just gonna give it a 5 cause i have literally no clue haha
  • who even are they?!
  • idk what they do

How would you rate the Dispatch command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Dispatch command team?. Number of responses: 43 responses.
Total score:257 Average:6.0

• Never seen them
  • dont see many people on dispatch, never really seen a really crappy dispatch, always quite useful and polite. altho sometimes they forget to unassign me to an emergency when i ask to be unassigned
  • Please bring more hotfixes.

Also, try to encourage more sign-ups and activity! We love having these guys around, it's controlled chaos, but it's /controlled/ because of them!

Senior Dispatch apps!
  • dont like dispatchers

How would you rate the Internal Affairs command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Internal Affairs command team?. Number of responses: 42 responses.
Total score:319 Average:7.6

• take too long for complains
  • dont know many of them, they seem alright tho. very knowledgable and actually take things seriously, and understand things.
  • They are very serious and honest which i really appreciate
  • Handling stuff like always, just delays on stuff can be annoying to wait for however it is totally not the CC fault and more so the amount of IA's made as well as the effort it takes to deal with them so it's completely understandable.

How would you rate the Office of the Chiefs of Department command team?

Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Office of the Chiefs of Department command team?. Number of responses: 42 responses.
Total score:330 Average:7.9

• i dont speak to many of them, but the experiences ive had has been ok
  • I really dont know how to explain but i just like the cheifs of the department.
  • Poor transparency, hence it looks like they do nothing essentially.
  • It would be nice to see them more and patrolling with lower ranked officers to help further their journey

How would you rate the Human Resources command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Human Resources command team?. Number of responses: 40 responses.
Total score:320 Average:8.0

• Dobt know very much about them
  • pretty great survey by them.
  • anwser helpdesk, are aware whats goin on in community
  • idk what they do
How would you rate the Development Services command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Development Services command team. Number of responses: 38 responses.
Total score:284 Average:7.5

• IT works hard as twice as everyone at the ENTIRE police department so a big thank you for what they provided us
  • good guys
  • not much changed, but some minor improvements are coming so keep up the great work
  • Dont really know anything about them