Farm is a laggy piece of spaghetti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Type of bug: LUA+Content? Who knows, your guess is as good as mine

Description of the bug: Farm area is pretty hurtful to your FPS, I have no clue why or how this is reproduced. Once I entered the area for the first time I had a good 15 second freeze with my BMW but I was thankfully able to stop and kept driving backwards. In the middle of a shootout you will just notice stutters and stutters. @BigBenji noticed this problem too once he arrived in the middle of it all.

How to reproduce the bug: ^look above. You will notice all the stutters in my video.

Time stamp(s): 21.06.2020 21.20

*Errors: I didn't have net_graph enabled so sadly, no.

*Media:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
You can see from the video that this is set to 0. It's also set to 0 for all players on the server to give people a fair fighting position in the forest.

Reaction score
I drove back there later on after all the cars had de spawned and all the bodies were removed and the FPS was fine for me after that. I guess there’s just a lot to render from cornfield road, like the trees, water, highway, and a few buildings.

Reaction score
It's not just farm, it's almost anywhere and I don't know why I'm getting freezes all of a sudden. This is after me clearing up the .gma and download(s) folders, I doubt it's my config as it never had a problem before with randomly freezing. Might be 64-Bit, might be a recent gamemode change who knows.

Also, something interesting to note here is that my keys dissapeared and I somehow acquired a speed camera upon being revived.
7pyavg6.png

HjZM1xn.png

Reaction score
@Creepis I have been getting similar stutters for the past weeks. I've tried this with all versions of garry's mod on a high speed PCI SSD and a normal one. Reinstalled windows a few days ago and only have the nessesary and latest drivers. I've gone as far as testing a RAMDisk to rule out loading issues. no FPS commands or anything.
i've just accepted this game and engine are ageing at this point

Reaction score
After removing your .cfg and replacing it with @Sossa 's my fps has drastically increased and all spikes have stopped, not sure if its .cfg related but that fixed it for me.

Reaction score
My cfg seems to be 50/50 for some, works good or in your case fucks everything. Just seems weird that my config never caused these stutters for me, who knows what happened.

Share me his config I'll see what I need to remove

Status
Not open for further replies.