Fix forum ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Forum ranks are really weird atm, people who had a significant impact on the community are given the legendary member role but it doesn't really distinguish these members at all, unlike content creators who get the like blue in their nametag and on their rank which stands out a lot more. My idea is:
Remove (or adjust) the coloured name tag from content creators and change their rank colour so it doesn't conflict with other ranks
Make legendary member more distinguishable the colour for legendary member is also very similar to other ranks
Fix the font so its consistant!

Why should this be added? (pros): imo this makes a bit more sense to me

What negatives could this have? (cons): Honestly this is kinda pointless and I guess it really won't make any big changes to the community

*Other additions: [list here]

Reaction score
An idea I heard mentioned was a bronze-gold spectrum in ranks wherein the first ranks (sweater, newbie, etc) would be bronze, and the top ranks like legendary member would be sharp gold with a nice sparkly name.

Also content creator should definitely change colour/style, else it hinders the prestige of the honorary rank!

Reaction score
@flugs
An idea I heard mentioned was a bronze-gold spectrum in ranks wherein the first ranks (sweater, newbie, etc) would be bronze, and the top ranks like legendary member would be sharp gold with a nice sparkly name.

Also content creator should definitely change colour/style, else it hinders the prestige of the honorary rank!

Current Ranks

stfRl5k.png
ZGvWWGk.png
7n4833r.png
KJb67hN.png

ClgI9pw.png
vCaIsHf.png
Aw4F2HL.png
13D6EMg.png

LPYN5pk.png
fMx0YYV.png
5BVyZcu.png
wqnF42n.png

Gold / Silver / Bronze Ranks

wa5aSsm.png

We didn't do bronze / silver / gold because in my view it looks pretty crap compared to the current ones. Each of them are unique, as you can see when put next to each-other.

The reason honorary and content creators have special colours is because they are roles unrelated to forum trophies, honorary members are usually ex staff and content creators, are as the title explains. I don't see an issue with them having a unique colour, they just share honorary colour because we have ran out of normal colours. We tried gold which looked crap, see below.

VoMOnUF.png

I also don't want them to be confused with staff members. For example gold is somewhat similar to helpers so if they were to be changed to gold I would probably remove the fancy coloured name. The only colour at this time I would consider is a slightly lighter version of what it currently is so that "normal player" colours are recognised as that light blue. There were also complaints that the current honorary/content creator is too similar to Enforcer, which to be fair it kind of is.

Reaction score
@flugs

Current Ranks

stfRl5k.png
ZGvWWGk.png
7n4833r.png
KJb67hN.png

ClgI9pw.png
vCaIsHf.png
Aw4F2HL.png
13D6EMg.png

LPYN5pk.png
fMx0YYV.png
5BVyZcu.png
wqnF42n.png

Gold / Silver / Bronze Ranks

wa5aSsm.png

We didn't do bronze / silver / gold because in my view it looks pretty crap compared to the current ones. Each of them are unique, as you can see when put next to each-other.

The reason honorary and content creators have special colours is because they are roles unrelated to forum trophies, honorary members are usually ex staff and content creators, are as the title explains. I don't see an issue with them having a unique colour, they just share honorary colour because we have ran out of normal colours. We tried gold which looked crap, see below.

VoMOnUF.png

I also don't want them to be confused with staff members. For example gold is somewhat similar to helpers so if they were to be changed to gold I would probably remove the fancy coloured name. The only colour at this time I would consider is a slightly lighter version of what it currently is so that "normal player" colours are recognised as that light blue. There were also complaints that the current honorary/content creator is too similar to Enforcer, which to be fair it kind of is.
any thoughts?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.