Map Suggestion fix intersection traffic light sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
based off of rogue's discussion https://perpheads.com/threads/fix-the-intersection-traffic-lights.41894/

Main Idea: have the intersection traffic lights work in accordance with the North American standard

Full description of the idea:
Have the traffic lights cycle from green -> yellow -> red -> green instead of green -> yellow -> red -> yellow -> green
trafficLight-GIPH.gif
Why should it be added?:
because any urban or traffic designer will tell you that having ambiguity as to what a signal represents (in this case, amber means either changing to STOP, or changing to GO) is not good, which is why most countries do not do that.

Pros:
+ makes sense

Cons:
- none

Reaction score
i am still VERY ANGRY AND IT'S ALL @TinySlayer 's FAULT
I've noticed as well that the traffic lights can show all sides green when certain parameters are met.
i +support this!!!

Reaction score
I actually thought this was all to do with Americans not using a manual clutch like ever. Let’s be honest a roundabout would be better.

Deleted member 1235

The UK uses red and amber to show it's about to go green. It can help put a stop to the ambiguity

576bfc72eaf4cc51-tech-theatre-traffic-light-system.gif

Although a roundabout would indeed be preferable and would help prevent a lot of T-bones at the intersection

Reaction score
The UK uses red and amber to show it's about to go green. It can help put a stop to the ambiguity

576bfc72eaf4cc51-tech-theatre-traffic-light-system.gif

Although a roundabout would indeed be preferable and would help prevent a lot of T-bones at the intersection
the intersection doesn't do this, you can't tell whether its going from red to green or vice versa

Reaction score
the intersection doesn't do this, you can't tell whether its going from red to green or vice versa
in germany it does. Green -> yellow -> red -> yellow and red -> green(fixed, was red befor by accident)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You want to follow the traffic systems of the country with the absolute worst traffic systems known to mankind?

Status
Not open for further replies.