Gamemodes

Reaction score
Recently I haven't had alot to code and I was thinking about making a gamemode to get back into gmod lua. Now while scrolling through the workshop I saw Gmod stranded. I have always loved the gamemode and this got me to think about revamping it.

Now my question is: Do you guys have any ideas on what I could add / remake to make this gamemode as great as it used to be for current audiences or have any other ideas for gamemode's / scripts or entities I could make?

Reaction score
Please consider remaking Zombie Master if you want a long term project, it was such a fun Source mod back then and I played the shit out of it. Apparently it's being "reborn" but idk about the current status of it, here is the ModDB page https://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-master
It's basically a RTS/Strategy game where a random player gets chosen each round and can choose different zombies to spawn at each parts around the map with different tools he/she can use at their disposal to also cause chaos to ensure the other players don't make it trough the end to win, you have a point system as the Master to spawn different zombies or trigger some events all at the costs of credits, it's all really fun.

Reaction score
Please consider remaking Zombie Master if you want a long term project, it was such a fun Source mod back then and I played the shit out of it. Apparently it's being "reborn" but idk about the current status of it, here is the ModDB page https://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-master
It's basically a RTS/Strategy game where a random player gets chosen each round and can choose different zombies to spawn at each parts around the map with different tools he/she can use at their disposal to also cause chaos to ensure the other players don't make it trough the end to win, you have a point system as the Master to spawn different zombies or trigger some events all at the costs of credits, it's all really fun.

The standalone from like 2009 is the best

Reaction score
When I was playing it, I found it really annoying that there was no way to save items nor progression. Whenever you had wasted 10 hours gathering and building stuff, it's just gone when you relog and there's no way to save or retrieve items.

Reaction score
Garry's Mod Stranded was the very first game mode i ever played and i loved it. I would love for someone to remake it or remaster it. Don't have any great ideas at the moment but i wish you good luck.

@Creepis Battle royal has already been made by a community. But i don't know if the server is still up.

Reaction score
Well all these ideas are pretty awesome and as I don't want to invest all my timr into 1 project as you get carried away too much I might start working on the other suggestions too

Reaction score
Yeah, uh, me and @Creepis have some "projects" that might come in the future if a certain circumstance was to happen.

Reaction score
wasnt there a garrys mod hunger games gamemode ? I quite liked it and it would be nice to see it revived

Reaction score
if you remember gangwarsrp or anything along these lines this shit was the best

Reaction score
I am thinking now about a full on serious survival with real progression and where you dont lose anything after disconnecting