Give cops ars or something better than a pistol

Reaction score
Officers have to deal with zergs that always have big boy guns and its impossible to kill 5 people rushing u with ars.

There could be a thing where u have to buy something to get the right to use the gun like a weapons license, and cops can only use these better guns if they know the suspects have ars e.g. they cant use it on someone with a pistol

Reaction score
tell me how long that takes and wtf is a red dot going to do when a zerg rushes u with ars

Reaction score
and cops can only use these better guns if they know the suspects have ars e.g. they cant use it on someone with a pistol

Imagine being a cop, hearing gunshots, having access to an assault rifle to defend yourself with, and choosing specifically not to use it for "Balancing issues". This would be retarded in the sense that it'd be near impossible, nor morally reprehensible to enforce.

Reaction score
As an officer without having rank access to better weaponry, such as TFU gear or the shotgun, you shouldn't intentionally put yourself into the arsehole of a shootout where a "Zerg" can rush you with AR's?

Reaction score
well no u cant use the ar until u know the suspects have ars themselves, if you get stuck in a situation where u only have a pistol thats fine yes you might die but its better than only being stuck with pistols and that comment doesn't take into consideration that we only have pistols anyway, the idea really isnt that hard to understand

Reaction score
And this isn't really an "instant gratification" game, you have to work for any upgrades in gameplay you might require.

Reaction score
and nullify the need for TFU

and then make cop vs crim unbalanced in cop's favours as they have 16 people with free ARs at peak times - 16 out of 60 people on the server against orgs which have a maximum of 15 members, in which it is very unlikely to have everyone on at the same time

the tradeoff of police is that all your equipment is free, you're making little to no risks and can still gain a large amount of money, so you shouldn't be as strong as criminals in that regard because balancing and gameplay > realism

the idea of a weapons license is bad because the whole concept of cop is that it's a widely-played job in which newcomers can get a grasp of the server and the laws, so it shouldn't be gated in any way by money and you shouldn't have additional benefits in the job because you paid, the cop recruitment/promotion system atm is relatively fair to newer players and I see no reason for a change in that regard

Reaction score
did u read the part where i said u have to buy the license to the weapon like how you buy ur weapons, you should also have to play officer for a bit so new people cant troll

Reaction score
you act like tfu are on 24/7 and to counter that they could add a maximum amount of ars used at one time for examle like 5 at a time so atleast we have a chance, officers dont get much they dont even get a taser

Reaction score
Which would put TFU's light gear setup into redundancy and again, would be impossible to enforce fairly. A police force cannot simply just "Be fair" and only use rifles to deal with suspects with rifles, If there are imminent threats to the lives of every officer and civilian on scene, NOT Taking an assault rifle you have access to would in itself border breaching the PLPD's ethics of safeguarding civilians and officers. The idea you're describing to me just sounds like a compromise for people who can't get TFU.

Reaction score
they dont even get a taser but they get a pistol

idk if you've tried playing crim against tfu, but when 2+ tfu are on they tend to win a lot, even as light tfu I've won 1v2s/1v3s and it's the balancing factor that cops will have to play very smart to win without tfu, as they tend to be able to sit back and let tfu deal with firearms incidents when they're on, as they will win vs a majority of the playerbase

Reaction score
no its not a compromise for people who can't get TFU, its that cops spend most of their time dead because its extremely hard to defend themselves against raids, we can also get kos'd by people we dont know have kos on us. basically being a cop is aids and isnt that fun

Reaction score
@|Z|Rhino play smarter not harder, it realistically isn't that bad if you go about it in a smart way, talking from personal experience

Reaction score
@Sorle so what do you do when a civ comes up and punches u shoot them? also what are officers supposed to do when there are only 2 officers on like when i made this thread, I died like 5 times to the same group of people who just rushed with ars

Reaction score
@|Z|Rhino Then you're probably taking a terrible approach. Take it from someone who went well over a year in the PD unpromoted as a regular officer, You need a good tactic in order to survive, and killing all the shooters with an M9 isn't impossible. Stick with your team and don't push in unless you really, really need to. I've always said, if they give cops better guns, then most will still probably die and won't be able to shit up the "BeReRtA m9 iS bAd" excuse.

Reaction score
@|Z|Rhino maybe realise that you safeguard more lives by evading the scene in extreme cases such as only having 2 officers

use your nightstick if being hit

Reaction score
and maybe it keeps getting suggested because other officers find it an issue where they cant do anything

Reaction score
@Sorle and saint doing that is hard considering the fact that ur going up against a zerg and your just going to get flanked by another 5 people