going for a new headset, what should i get as a mic solution?

Reaction score
so after very long consideration i decided using apple:asshat: earphones and a dollar store standing mic isn't really a good solution anymore, i listen to music alot during the day and i generally travel alot now too. So a bit of noice cancellation would be chill. I went to mediamarkt and tested out several 200$+ dollar headphones, and the one i found most comfortable were the bose quietcomfort 35iis. sound was great and the noise cancellation was too. however, since it's not designed as a gaming headset, the mic is roughly like the one on your phone so not very good. right now i have a 5 euro microphone on my desk on a very small and cheap desk stand. i like the way it works since its rather small and its not in my way, however, it's not very good.

i already have had a decent studio mic on a swing arm which i found horrible to use. always got in my way, thing fell down alot, wire was annoying to work with and because of my desk setup i dont have a practical place to put it.

i was thinking of a modmic or something, but i dont want to deal with taking it off and putting it on all the time, also, the wire would be very annoying since i want wireless headphones for a reason(to be able to walk around the entire house with it) so i hope anyone here has a good recommendation for me.

Deleted member 5193

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSerie...&sr=8-1&keywords=steelseries+arctis+7+headset

One of the best wireless headsets, don't get logitech wireless they are bad get wired if you want logitech.
I've got a G933 (wireless) from Logitech, their update completely bricked my previous one but they sent a new one out for free.

To be honest, the headset is great except the microphone. Obviously I don't hear myself too often, but from what I've been told it isn't fantastic really.

The battery life, sound quality, weight and appearance are good though. It's generally a good headset bar the microphone.

Depends on quite how good your microphone must be..

As far as I remember, this chap gave a detailed review and used the microphone so you could test it's clarity yourself.

I might be wrong though, there's a lot of videos I watched about it.

Reaction score
Oh boy, an audio thread.

Since I have literally no clue about your budget, I'll go for a bit of a broad spread.

It looks like you don't really want anything on your desk or any wires, so I'll only be recommending wireless solutions. I personally prefer a normal headphone with a V-Moda BoomPro, but I understand where you're coming from, and I'll respect that.

If you want to go for the cream of the crop, then I recommend a pair of Audeze Mobius. They're pricy (VERY PRICY), but they're the absolute best wireless gaming headset on the market right now. It's made by probably one of the most well respected audiophile companies, and it's got planar magnetic drivers, an internal 1 watt amp, LDAC support, etc etc. https://www.audeze.com/products/mobius-series/mobius-headphone

Right after that, I'd recommend a pair of wireless Steelseries Arctis headphones. They're supposed to have a pretty decent sound and a good microphone. I haven't really researched these headphones a lot, so I can't say much about them, but from what I can gather, they're pretty much the best pair of wireless gaming headphones except for the Audeze.

Like I said, you're going to get a lot more value if you just go with a pair of normal headphones + an attachable mic, but the choice isn't mine to make, so I'll leave it at that.

Reaction score
I've got a G933 (wireless) from Logitech, their update completely bricked my previous one but they sent a new one out for free.

i got the g633 pretty much the same but yes its a amazing headsett, im looking to switch to the g933 shortly.

Reaction score

To be honest, the headset is great except the microphone. Obviously I don't hear myself too often, but from what I've been told it isn't fantastic really.

The battery life, sound quality, weight and appearance are good though. It's generally a good headset bar the microphone.

Depends on quite how good your microphone must be..

As far as I remember, this chap gave a detailed review and used the microphone so you could test it's clarity yourself.

I might be wrong though, there's a lot of videos I watched about it.
I had the G930s. I bought 2 pairs and got a replacement on 1. They kept breaking constantly and overall they was just a piece of shit. The mic on those ones are shit which is why I chose the steelseries one.