Server Suggestion Group chats

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Group chats
Suggestion Description: Add the ability to create groupchats in the messenger app on the phone.

This ability should be available next to when you're adding a contact, I think it could look something like a + next to a group of default profile icons, to indicate a group. When you click this button, it would lead to a screen asking you who you would like to be in the groupchat, and what name you want it to have.

Whoever you invite would get a new entry in their contacts, which would act as their side of the invite request, stating the name of the groupchat, who invited you and wether you decide to join or not, indicated with a big green and red button.

Groupchats would be a way for players to communicate with eachother without being in the same organisation, a problem I personally run into every so often is that I plan to do a raid or bank robbery or whatever, and then have no communication with one or two guys because they're in a different org.

If groupchats give you the option to start a call, this could be a fix for the problem stated above, when being called by a groupchat, you would get the option to participate or not, when you are participating in a groupchat call, you will not be able to text in it. As my idea is that the calling screen would overtake the texting screen (the texting screen would look like any other, just with the names visable of who just sent a message). This is also to act as a slight debuff. The calling screen would be nice if it displayed who is talking, similarly to the TS app, but hopefully a bit different so it's still unique, perhaps discord inspired, showing a ring around the person's profile picture of who is talking.

When calling in a groupchat, I think the regular calling animation should take place, instead of the passive way you hold your phone when on teamspeak. This is to act as another slight debuff, as it is easier to indentify who is calling someone or just idle on their phone. The call should be ended if perhaps only one person is in the groupchat for around 30 seconds.

Let me know what everybody thinks about this, I'dd love to hear some opinions and perhaps make changes to this suggestion to make it better.

Why should this be added?:
- To allow for new lines of communication between players, without having to be in the same organisation.
- Convenience, a easy way to stay in contact with your group of friends
- Realism, it makes sense to be able to make groupchats!

What negatives could this have?:
- The biggest negative I can think of, is this being "better" then a actual organisation for some people, which is why I listed a few debuffs to act as ways to show that making an organisation is generally better.
- It could create new ways to spam a person, or prank call them
- Being in multible groups might be obnoxious because of the text messages or calls that could happen 24/7

Useful Images: https://www.nicepng.com/png/detail/888-8880357_add-user-group-man-man-icon-administrator-line.png

Reaction score
One word:

YES

This would absolutely be a GREAT addition to the server, and you have described it pretty well how i imagined it would work.

only negative i see is like you said, spam calls because of the amount of people in one group, and that it may do so people will think orgs are more unnsessecary and just use group chats instead.

Reaction score
Can we generally get a bit of a rework on the messenger app? Personally it feels very old and just unpleasant to navigate through

Reaction score
Can we generally get a bit of a rework on the messenger app? Personally it feels very old and just unpleasant to navigate through
Agreed, feels like im using an old nokia tbh. definetley needs rework

Reaction score
only negative i see is like you said, spam calls because of the amount of people in one group, and that it may do so people will think orgs are more unnsessecary and just use group chats instead.
With this in mind I already tried to think of ways that would still show the average player that being in a organisation is superior, as I imagine the server owners and devs and everbody involved would prefer it this way. Since I've seen @Fredy word a bit on the phones lately, I think this could be a pretty nice addition.

Another debuff I considered is the ability to only create certain sizes of groupchats, for example limit it to 4 people in one groupchat by default, and then add 2 people for every Influence gene you have. These values could ofcourse be changes to however administrators seem fit.

Reaction score
With this in mind I already tried to think of ways that would still show the average player that being in a organisation is superior, as I imagine the server owners and devs and everbody involved would prefer it this way. Since I've seen @Fredy word a bit on the phones lately, I think this could be a pretty nice addition.

Another debuff I considered is the ability to only create certain sizes of groupchats, for example limit it to 4 people in one groupchat by default, and then add 2 people for every Influence gene you have. These values could ofcourse be changes to however administrators seem fit.
Completley agree on that one, if group chats are more limited than orgs. people wont refrain from making orgs just to use group chat anyways, so i definitley see how this would work

Reaction score
how would it work when someone in the group chat is a cop and they see you talking about planning a bank robbery, doesn’t seem right to just ban cops from group chats!

Reaction score
how would it work when someone in the group chat is a cop and they see you talking about planning a bank robbery, doesn’t seem right to just ban cops from group chats!
This ^

Although making it so cops can't access group chats could be a solution, i dont see how that would be realistic at all.

Maybe anyone knows another solution to that? i mean it could work like how orgs work where if you are on a job you cant access the orgination communication items such as org chat, org ts etc.
but as i said, would make it very unrealistic

Reaction score
Why not add it like the way ORG chat is except it being Group chat and the name of it.
Like: [Group Chat - Group Chat Name] (MESSAGE)

Have a different TS Call too?

Reaction score
Why not add it like the way ORG chat is except it being Group chat and the name of it.
Like: [Group Chat - Group Chat Name] (MESSAGE)

Have a different TS Call too?
I mean that could be a good solution, but i feel that kinda deafeats the purpose and again make orgs maybe less popular.

Reaction score
A solution for cops and other government employees is either disallowing them from seeing the messages just like ORG chats, or instead, censor certain words, or, a idea I like personally

Have something similar to a status bar available, showing you wether someone is working or not. In real life people will change their status sometimes depending on if they're at their job or not, or busy. Perhaps we could allow profiles from people in groupchats to give away if someone is working as a cop or not, possibly changing the colour of their name, or possibly even add their character model in their uniform clothing as a profile picture, instead of the multible optional ones you can choose right now. Perhaps we could keep the customized ones for civilians, and the in-uniform character models only visable when people are actually working.

In my mind I'm imagining this looks similar as it does on the Employees tab when you're working as a government employee. The pictures previewed there could be used as profile pictures on Messenger too.

Reaction score
This ^

Although making it so cops can't access group chats could be a solution, i dont see how that would be realistic at all.

Maybe anyone knows another solution to that? i mean it could work like how orgs work where if you are on a job you cant access the orgination communication items such as org chat, org ts etc.
but as i said, would make it very unrealistic
Well, restricting cops to group chat is fully equal to barring them off teamspeak and org chat. I wouldn't see any difference between that and making them not see group chat. If we consider that unrealistic, we should also consider the other unrealistic.

Reaction score
Could solve this easily by adding some restrictions. When making a new group chat you could check properties that would include something like "Only make chat available for unemployed/citizens" along other properties like "Invites only by group chat Owner" or "Auto delete messages after xyz minutes".

Of course abusing this feature would be breaking NLR if you'd for example go off-duty, check your group chat and go back on duty to make use of that information if only civilians would be able to use the group chat you're in.

Anyways another suggestion I have is that we should limit the amount of people and amount of group chats you can join or else you'd have like two entire organisations in one group chat helping each other lol.

Reaction score
Could solve this easily by adding some restrictions. When making a new group chat you could check properties that would include something like "Only make chat available for unemployed/citizens" along other properties like "Invites only by group chat Owner" or "Auto delete messages after xyz minutes".

Of course abusing this feature would be breaking NLR if you'd for example go off-duty, check your group chat and go back on duty to make use of that information if only civilians would be able to use the group chat you're in.
The first part is a really good thing to add to this, and the latter is technically a problem by default, it's a good negative though! There will always be rule breakers

Reaction score
A solution for cops and other government employees is either disallowing them from seeing the messages just like ORG chats, or instead, censor certain words, or, a idea I like personally

Have something similar to a status bar available, showing you wether someone is working or not. In real life people will change their status sometimes depending on if they're at their job or not, or busy. Perhaps we could allow profiles from people in groupchats to give away if someone is working as a cop or not, possibly changing the colour of their name, or possibly even add their character model in their uniform clothing as a profile picture, instead of the multible optional ones you can choose right now. Perhaps we could keep the customized ones for civilians, and the in-uniform character models only visable when people are actually working.

In my mind I'm imagining this looks similar as it does on the Employees tab when you're working as a government employee. The pictures previewed there could be used as profile pictures on Messenger too.
This is a very good idea! this could actually really work, as most of the time irl when people are working they do have busy or do not disturb or etc on. so in a way it could also work as you have described, really up to the development team so see what they like and think could work

Reaction score
Well, restricting cops to group chat is fully equal to barring them off teamspeak and org chat. I wouldn't see any difference between that and making them not see group chat. If we consider that unrealistic, we should also consider the other unrealistic.
That is a very good point i must admit, maybe only difference is that it seems the server is making an image that being on duty and off duty as "two different lifes" so you are not known to be in an organisation or anything.

Reaction score
It think everyone is making this more complicated than it has to be. I don't think anyone should be exempt from the group messages/calls whethere they are on a job or not. If you are planning a bank robbery/raid/... and you are to lazy to make a new group chat then it is your fault if you get caught by one of your on duty friends. Or if you go on duty you can let everyone know, it is not that hard. And if the group chat is limited to certain amount of people then it should not be hard to keep track of who is employed and who is not.

Regarding the actual group calls. If someone starts a call you should get a sound notification (little bit different from the message beep) and after opening the group chat you should have option to join (which would then switch to a screen similar to the one of teamspeak) or just use the chat (the prompt to join would be unobstructive and next to the name of the group chat)

Reaction score
It think everyone is making this more complicated than it has to be. I don't think anyone should be exempt from the group messages/calls whethere they are on a job or not. If you are planning a bank robbery/raid/... and you are to lazy to make a new group chat then it is your fault if you get caught by one of your on duty friends. Or if you go on duty you can let everyone know, it is not that hard. And if the group chat is limited to certain amount of people then it should not be hard to keep track of who is employed and who is not.

Regarding the actual group calls. If someone starts a call you should get a sound notification (little bit different from the message beep) and after opening the group chat you should have option to join (which would then switch to a screen similar to the one of teamspeak) or just use the chat (the prompt to join would be unobstructive and next to the name of the group chat)
You first part makes no sense. They can just deny the option for people who are on duty to have the ability to see the "group" chat. We have always asked for an "alliance" chat but it was never added same as an "alliance" teamspeak or something of the sort. Just like Org chat is disallowed for on-duty people so can the group