Halloween 2020 - Submit your ideas!

Reaction score

Halloween 2020 - Submit your ideas!
In the year of the pandemic Halloween is going to be different from normal. One of the things that we want to do different is the events that are run on the server. Previously it has always just been spawning crowds of zombies and letting chaos ensure.

The rules:
  • Reply to this thread with your ideas.
  • Describe your idea in as much detail as possible.​
  • Multiple events may be chosen, or events may be designed from multiple suggestions.​
  • The winning event(s) will be implemented and those that suggested it will receive $250,000 split between each suggester.​

Event details should include:
  • How to join the event
  • How long the event should take
  • Mechanics of the event
  • Rewards of the event

Feel free to add to and contribute to ideas suggested by others.

There is no fixed finish date, but the earlier something is submitted, the more likely there will be time to implement it.

Reaction score
Trick or treating:

The event would take place in subs, people could enter and they get time to set up and decorate one of the subs houses (it would be nice to get enough people on to decorate the whole street) Market stalls could also be set up in the park would make for a nice little RP event. for the duration of the event there should be no mugging or murders within the area. Maybe someone could also make the church into a haunted house or something like that

Maybe a new item could be added, a bit like the box o beers instead this dispenses candies?

The event should only really last about an hour or so and people should be free to come and go.

We could also have a reward for the best-decorated house maybe a monetary prize or a rare item?

Reaction score
I like the zombie thing though, could we still do it around Halloween but isolate them to districts to allow players who want to partake in them to do so?

Okay, here’s some ideas to make it interesting from the niche suggestion god himself.

Regarding the ”decorating contest” above suggested by @Cyan , I like the idea however have some concerns with it, such as:
- There’s only a few suburbs properties so isolating it to just subs would be a bit tricky as not everyone will be able to partake.
- All the “good” properties could be hogged for the duration of the event
- Beyond pumpkins and Jack o lanterns, most “decorated” properties will probably consist of wooden crosses and the likes due to the nature of the current prop lineup.

More items:
Add more craftables than just candy and jack o lanterns, such as:

Gravestones:
Models can be taken from the HL2 / CSS gravestone props. They should require the following materials to make:
1x paint bucket
3x cinder block

Saw blades:
Would be droppable as A prop. Model Can be taken from the half life 2 model easily. Craftable with:
2x piece of metal
1x refined metal 25%

Skull:
Would be droppable as a prop. The model can be taken from the half life 2 prop. Should require the following items to craft:
1x paint bucket
1x pumpkin to ensure that they’re at least some effort to be able to craft.

Idea for the Halloween event:

Could host a ”Friday the 13th” or “wrong turn” style game in which the participants have to escape the forest away from a group of very powerful murderers. They must find clues and items to help them survive and escape the forest. There will be items scattered around such as fuel cans and wrenches, as the cars they are escaping in are very old, abandoned, and wrecked without fuel. They must then chose either 4 or less people to escape with them or escape alone. We did this on the academy server a few years ago and it was so much fun, especially with @Slayerduck being the murderer and getting creative with his kills, like chasing people with a physgunned bomb.

There should be 3 “escape cars” which are all Tier 2 wrecked, Locked and out of fuel, but only 1 is correct. maybe they could have no tires too? they will be the following:
- 1 car will be the correct escape car.
- 1 car will have no tires and be stuck in a manner which it physically cannot escape the forest
- 1 car will have a car bomb inside. This will trigger a forest fire upon starting, which will further make the game harder for the survivors.

The items that can be found should be the following:
2 fuel cans will be hidden
several wrenches will be hidden
Several crowbars will be hidden
Several Fireworks will be hidden so idiots can set one off and give away their locations.
A few more cool items like Halloween candy or new Halloween items could be hidden too so people that aren’t all interested in winning can get free stuff anyway.
Several bobby pins will be hidden too as all forest properties will be locked.
Taurus 605s with 0-2 shots will be hidden (although they won’t do anything against the murderers, but you need SOMETHING to keep people away from items or to acquire all necessary items!) Also to break windows with, but remember, that’s loud!

Tl;Dr event rules:
- All players will need to work Together in small groups to try and escape the murderers
- The only way out of the forest will be to drive the car out of it.
- Clues will be hidden for crowbar locations.
- The murderers will each be unique with methods of killing. Trusted community members may request a horror themed weapon of choice (Knife, bat, machete, katana, double barrelled shotgun, Molotov) they will also be unkillable, but “stunable“ as in if a survivor finds a gun and decides to shoot a killer with it, they will be dead for 15 seconds but will be respawned nearby.

Multiple rounds of this event could be done.

The pros of this event is, it wouldnt need much coding as far as I know, since it could be done as a simple teleport event. The killers could be staff, or chosen by staff.

Reaction score
Something similar but different to zombies, what about Antlions instead? Have waves of them in the farm and players have to fight them off together, then the boss Antlion could be a much bigger scaled Antlion Guard along with it's minions fighting off players. Killing an antlion could then maybe only sometimes drop some valuable or random stuff like an empty pistol mag etc so you can get free loot out of it to keep.

Reaction score
Trick or treating:

The event would take place in subs, people could enter and they get time to set up and decorate one of the subs houses (it would be nice to get enough people on to decorate the whole street) Market stalls could also be set up in the park would make for a nice little RP event. for the duration of the event there should be no mugging or murders within the area. Maybe someone could also make the church into a haunted house or something like that

Maybe a new item could be added, a bit like the box o beers instead this dispenses candies?

The event should only really last about an hour or so and people should be free to come and go.

We could also have a reward for the best-decorated house maybe a monetary prize or a rare item?
Or maybe a trick or treat contest where participants have to go around town to certain NPCs to get "candy" and whoever collects the most candy in a set amount of time wins a cash prize

Reaction score
i want it to look really scary

also remember when the whole staff team was crows? that was cool

Reaction score
about the events maybe zombie event for 1-2h by RP event (make advert or ooc massage)
before it start like 30 min make advert or ooc massge and start giving free guns (that disappear if someone dc ) for people at CH or subs or make it on box like battel royal

Last edited:
Reaction score
I say we keep the zombie event almost everyone likes it. But maybe at an RP even as well. Maybe something like convoy atack. A few SS cars drive from A to B with a package (whitch contains a rare item) other people can try to raid the convoy and take the package. The first one to deliver it to a certain spot gets the item.

Reaction score
Something similar but different to zombies, what about Antlions instead? Have waves of them in the farm and players have to fight them off together, then the boss Antlion could be a much bigger scaled Antlion Guard along with it's minions fighting off players. Killing an antlion could then maybe only sometimes drop some valuable or random stuff like an empty pistol mag etc so you can get free loot out of it to keep.
The issue with ant lions when we did it on Xmas 2017 (or 2018 don’t fully remember) was that they had this tendency of instakilling players and PERP guns, even M82s, did almost nothing to them. They also got stuck on world items.

Reaction score
The issue with ant lions when we did it on Xmas 2017 (or 2018 don’t fully remember) was that they had this tendency of instakilling players and PERP guns, even M82s, did almost nothing to them. They also got stuck on world items.
I'm certain there are commands to modify their HP and such

Reaction score
tbh i LOVE @BigBenji sugestion.
Now for the ZOMBIE lovers here is mine:

QUARANTINE RP - Zombie themed paralake.

Make Paralake a post apocalyptic themed society, with our regular "zombie infection" virus that spreads and can infect people.
-note: for the suggestion i'll go all in, some things are not feasable but take out the possible things to try and make it work. -
Step 1: SET THE MOOD, Add road blocks and walls around paralake areas, set the mood for the RP, increase fog, make it rainy. Add gates, dumpsters on fire (hobo climatization techniques).

Step 2: Although the idea of having a "military" skin would be cool, we know its not possible, the next best thing would be (and i know you can manipulate playermodels) having the "police force" have Gas masks, and maybe wear a TFU vest and something that's not the regular police hat for officers. (the gas mask would be the regular firefighter gas mask).
- Let officers use the HUMMER, for example or other vics, to RP military vehicles.

Step 3: Quests, set quests for civilians outside the "Safe zone" the Military (police) should not wander outside the safezone, which they must protect from Waves of zombies coming from outside (dont spawn them inside utill the end of the event for complete chaos.) the military however should receive their own quests and will have to travel in convoys, save HVT's or CIVs, but how they organise will be up to command members.
- These QUESTS will be fundamental for the RP, civilians will be able to find items, and weapons, even unique items they will get to keep after the event. Quests can be things such as "find X in the woods" or "loot the X area for things" and so on.

TLDR: in short, instead of having our regular "outbreak" lets do a 28 weeks later sort of RP, checkpoints, medical staff and "military" to check people entering the city for infection etc. - Make it a depressing scary, and spooky looking 28 weeks later paralake.

Rules: RP propperly, possibly not allow super nice sports cars (i mean...) or dont allow cars at all.

1603038129711.png1603038177128.png1603038268689.png

My suggestion is open for constructive criticism, give your take on it, improve the idea, give QUEST ideas for staff, your choice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Back in 2015 I killed myself in noclip and landed infront of @Exnem he fucked his knee for a good 15 minutes so anything goes
It was funny as fuck but scared the shit out of me, I remember I jumped in my seat and simultaneously pulled my leg closer to me, which slammed the top of my kneecap against the sharp corner of my desk, that hurt like a motherfucker.