Help, can't play on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Me and my friends are new in this community, and we really want to play on the server, but we can't for some reason. We've downloaded all the nessesary files (CSS and Perpheads Content Files), but or games crashes when play on the server. Our record is 30 seconds on the server, before our games crashes. We asked for help on the discord server, and we did as Hayden instructed, but nothing helped (you can read our conversation in the screenshot). We really want to play on the server, but we've tried everything Hayden suggested, and anything that comes to mindhayden.PNG, that could solve the problem.

Reaction score
You could try deleting or atleast moving addons that aren't from this server or you could try verifying game files as you could be missing files required. Other than that you can try reinstalling the game as a last measure.

Reaction score
More than likely you have add-ons that are conflicting with the PERPHeads content. In order to fix this I will give yuh a step by step.

1.) Open your add-ons menu in the GMOD Main Menu
2.) Push the disable all button.
3.) Search using the search feature for the PERPheads content 1 & 2, as well as paralake v4 & paralake v4 content.
4.) Join the server and you should be good to go.

GMod add-ons can often cause conflict with one another, resulting in some (not all of em) in a game crash. This can also happen if you are joining from another server that may have conflicting content with PERPHeads. Hopefully this helps :)

Reaction score
As I've stated after Hayden's messages, your content might be conflicting. Please follow this guide and tell us the result from following it.

Can a Moderator move this thread to the Support section please.
Edit: thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod ---> Factory reset GMOD.

Delete addon folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod

make sure you are subscribed to all the content in steam.

Reaction score
if you and you friend cant play due crashing you probably played on some server which addon conflicts with prep and leading to crash. did you preform clean and full uninstall of gmod?

Status
Not open for further replies.