How can we revive?

Reaction score
I just want to see everyones HONEST opinions, no bullshit, how can we bring players back to PERP at this point, how can we bring the roleplay back?

Honestly, I think the rules need to be majorly relaxed as on this server you're nearly more restricted than you are irl RN. We need to be able to have gang wars and shit again, we're not allowed to do any fun stuff anymore and it's drawing people away.. what's everyone else's opinions rn?

No bullshit or stupid replies, serious question

Reaction score
I just want to see everyones HONEST opinions, no bullshit, how can we bring players back to PERP at this point, how can we bring the roleplay back?

Honestly, I think the rules need to be majorly relaxed as on this server you're nearly more restricted than you are irl RN. We need to be able to have gang wars and shit again, we're not allowed to do any fun stuff anymore and it's drawing people away.. what's everyone else's opinions rn?

No bullshit or stupid replies, serious question

If people like you actually bothered to show up on the fucking server, then I guess stuff might go a bit smoothly.

Reaction score
If people like you actually bothered to show up on the fucking server, then I guess stuff might go a bit smoothly.
Possibly the shittest reply I have ever seen on a thread ever, why would I want to show up on the server if I become bored in an instant now, I can't be arsed powergrowing and Police becomes boring because everyone is powergrowing, you only joined Oct 2017 so you don't have a clue what it used to be like anyway

Reaction score
A big thing I noticed was when people get into an org war with you it gets taken OOC and it turns into trying to get em banned not deal with them IC. That is just ridiculous and I feel that it’s big issue any time an org opens up

Reaction score
Possibly the shittest reply I have ever seen on a thread ever, why would I want to show up on the server if I become bored in an instant now, I can't be arsed powergrowing and Police becomes boring because everyone is powergrowing, you only joined Oct 2017 so you don't have a clue what it used to be like anyway

You don't need to come on the server just for Police related things or growing, you make up what you wan't to do. I don't see why its a common thing between many players that think perp is entirely based off of growing and police work. It dosen't matter when I joined or If Im an OG person or whatever, you need to calm yourself because you're just taking my response a little to heart, I can tell this by you're response. Im tired of seeing people bitch about 'Perp dying' and such. I don't see how my reply was shit In any way, I stated that If people bothered to show up then things would go a bit smoothly, thus me meaning the player base will enlargen and possibly give a slight change.

I've seen video's of the old styled perp and I kind of like the simplicity of it and how it looks, I don't feel you should try and say I basically have no clue or try and mention that at all because I never mentioned me being there back then and I don't see how its relevant to bring up when I joined.

Reaction score
We have the same discussion every time on the forums and theres shitload of threads contaning:

REVERT THE CHANGES GO BACK TO EVOCITY
OLD DRUG SYSTEM
UNBAN PLAYERS GIVING SECOND CHANCES
NON-WHITELIST THE PD BUT MAKE SUPERVISORS ABLE TO APPLY
BRING BACK SWAT
ADD THIS
ADD THAT
GO EASIER ON THE RULES
REVERT THE RULES

remove the rules
BRING BACK RECOIL
REMOVE RE-
REMOVE MARKSMANSHIP
DEVELOPERS AIN'T LISTENING TO OUR SUGGESTIONS WE WANT THIS/THAT IMPLEMENTED NOW
2.5 IS SHIT REMOVE IT
NERF DRUG GROWING

its the same stuff all over again

Reaction score
You don't need to come on the server just for Police related things or growing, you make up what you wan't to do. I don't see why its a common thing between many players that think perp is entirely based off of growing and police work. It dosen't matter when I joined or If Im an OG person or whatever, you need to calm yourself because you're just taking my response a little to heart, I can tell this by you're response. Im tired of seeing people bitch about 'Perp dying' and such. I don't see how my reply was shit In any way, I stated that If people bothered to show up then things would go a bit smoothly, thus me meaning the player base will enlargen and possibly give a slight change.

I've seen video's of the old styled perp and I kind of like the simplicity of it and how it looks, I don't feel you should try and say I basically have no clue or try and mention that at all because I never mentioned me being there back then and I don't see how its relevant to bring up when I joined.

brother i take nothing in this community to heart, "if people bothered to show up" - why tf do you actually think people are showing up?? ask yourself that question - I never mentioned that it matters you weren't there back then, but if you compare then and now, fuck me, you'd see.

Reaction score
brother i take nothing in this community to heart, "if people bothered to show up" - why tf do you actually think people are showing up?? ask yourself that question - I never mentioned that it matters you weren't there back then, but if you compare then and now, fuck me, you'd see.

I guess you're right.

Reaction score
Personally, I feel like it's too late, I kinda am happy that perp became shit because I now have a social life and realize how much time I've wasted on perp and because of this I don't think I will ever come back or even play many games like I used to as I only come on my pc in the evenings when I have nothing better to do. Nobody wants to come back to a server that they've departed from and buy VIP in order just to grow for months to get to "the finishing line" because let's face it, that's all that perp is about and unless they change the end game and make it more fun for the veterans then I don't see people coming back because it is simply pointless and the end game is overrated, people need to know this because all the hard work is for nothing. I got my la Ferrari and sold it within weeks and have regretted ever saving up for a supercar because it is such a waste of time and the sooner people realize this the better. If you want to revive perp make an endgame that is something worth working for and not just the reputation of being rich.

Reaction score
Make it easier to start off, because when I give my stuff away and attempt to come back I've got to work as a RC and earn 36K just for 1 drug thing. It's crazy

Reaction score
Make it easier to start off, because when I give my stuff away and attempt to come back I've got to work as a RC and earn 36K just for 1 drug thing. It's crazy

a better way to start might be easier, but remember that new people have 10k to help them
dont give your shit away next time?

Reaction score
a better way to start might be easier, but remember that new people have 10k to help them
dont give your shit away next time?
10,000 thats going to help with a lot of stuff like buy a gun and mass rdm

Deleted member 4116

lol we tried this a lot server owner clearly doesn't give a shit

Reaction score
Remove the stupid police shotguns since there stupidly OP. Revert recoil. Revert back to atleast V2-3 Map. Revert drug system

Reaction score
UNBAN PLAYERS GIVING SECOND CHANCES

This was done.

Honestly at this point nothing that will give people a newfound interest in the server will ever be done.

NON-WHITELIST THE PD BUT MAKE SUPERVISORS ABLE TO APPLY
BRING BACK SWAT

1. Remove the whitelist.
2. Bring back SWAT.

Again, this will never be done, as the server owners leave any and all PD decisions to the PD staff, and the PD staff are always actively objecting to these ideas.

Remove the stupid police shotguns since there stupidly OP

If they're OP then why do police still rarely win large scale shootouts even with a full department of 16 armoured officers?

Every single idea to help the server will also have a huge impact on the current playerbase, possibly for the worst. Drastic changes on the server have only proven to make matters worse for the server and its playercount.

We have plenty of issues right now, from the minor issue of broken playermodels to major issues such as hitreg and the Roadcrew truck, But nothing will ever restore the playercount due to people losing an interest in Gmod in general.

We have plenty of issues, such as the balancing issues between the skill of the seasoned veterans of the server and newer players, which can never truely be resolved.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4116

This was done.

Honestly at this point nothing that will give people a newfound interest in the server will ever be done.
They unbanned Husky and Nade to gain players then banned them again and blaming Nade for causing the mass RDM fiasco and Husky because he didn't change.
c31.png