How to change Vehicle Sounds (Emergency Vehicles).

Reaction score
Hello there,

As a guess, I can assume you're wanting to change the sirens and horns of the emergency vehicles? Well, You've come to the correct place!

PREREQUISITES:
Audacity
Sound Files ready to use. These Must be in .wav format and sample at 44100Hz.
A custom directory to overwrite the current sounds.

AUDACITY:

Before you do anything like downloading files, Install Audacity. Audacity is a free-to-use and simple program that can do what you need for this to work. To download it, CLICK HERE.
Once Audacity is installed, attempt to make yourself familiar with the features it comes with, For example, Amplifying sounds, decreasing and increasing pitch etc.

FILE LOCATION:

Next, You will need to create a custom directory. It should like something like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons\**NameOfFolder**\sound\Jarheads\Sirens
The drive location may change based on what drive Garry's Mod is installed on.
**NameOfFolder** is what you want to name it. For example, you may name it based on what area the Sirens come from. Mine is named LAPDSirens as I have those. After the 'addons' folder, you will need to create the other folders.

Sound Files:
If you're looking for sound files, I would recommend heading over to LCPDFR.COM. This website contains custom sirens created for GTA IV, 5, and FiveM. Most sound files are already in a .wav format.
Once you have found the Sirens you would like, download them to a safe folder and have 2 copies of the SOUND FILES. Do not copy any other files, just the sound ones. Open audacity and go to file>Open>**SoundFile**. Listen to the siren and increase/decrease the volume as you wish. You can do this by Highlighting the whole line, go to effects, Amplify and adjust the slider as you wish.

Now, check the Sample Rate. You will require it to be 44100Hz. To change this, Click "Project Rate" in the bottom left, Find 44100Hz and select it.
dYuUcrp.png

Now, Go to File>Export>Export as .Wav Format.

You're not done yet. You now need to change the name of your files. The list of what they need to be called can be found here. Only name your sirens these names else it will not work. Ignore the numbers.
WmQg3ck.png

Credit: @Tyla Jai

Once re-named, Copy them over to the file directory and in the folder called 'sirens'. It should look something like this:
QjRS8ZJ.png

Your sirens should now work in-game.

NOTES:
Only you will be able to hear the sirens play with you sounds you have chosen.
This is client-side aesthetic changes so you can not be banned unless you change certain sounds to give yourself an advantage over other players.
This may not work the first time. If you are struggling to get them to work, Consult the thread further. If you are having further problems, contact myself on this thread.
If you think I may have missed something off, Comment below and I will add it to the thread.

CREDITS:
Thank you to:
@Tyla Jai - Assisting myself do this when I attempted.
@Hayden - Further troubleshooting for my sirens.

Last edited:
Reaction score
wait i can set my siren to be any sound ?? including rickastley never going to give you up ?? and it'd be perfectly allowed ??

Deleted member 5577

If you want to constantly hear never gonna give you up instead of a siren go for it

Reaction score
or make it some chad hard bass and you can enjoy the beat in every shootout!

Reaction score
if u got vegas pro installed u can render the audio as 44100 by going into the properties of a template and editing

Reaction score

wail, yelp, the strange ass bass-boosted german ambulance siren thingy all in here requires editing to cut though

Reaction score
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons\Police Sirens\Sound\Jarheads\Sirens
is this correct ??

Reaction score
@Auris Sound needs to be lowercase, MAKE Police Sirens, PoliceSirens as well, just for safe measure

Reaction score
@Double J C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons\Police Sirens\Sound\Jarheads\Sirens
think its fixed now the s is no longer capital