IA or Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Personally, I don't feel like how a lot of reports end up with the generic response:
Make an IA complaint
Make an IA complain
Make an IA complai
Make an IA compla
Make an IA compl
Make an IA comp
Make an IA com
Make an IA co
Make an IA c
Make an IA
Make an I
Make an
Make a
Make
Mak
Ma
M

I feel like staff neglect most reports on officers which should be dealt with if rules are broken.
I do believe that staff should come first and decide if they've broken a rule like 4.1 first for example, invalid raids, searches, charges ect and then IA complaints after rather than it being an either staff or IA thing.

Reaction score
So i believe personally that ALL rule breaks needs to be dealt with by staff. Breaking policy or not. if you break the rules, you must be dealt with by a staff member not Internal Affairs.

Make an IA if they break a PLPD policy found here; https://plpd.online/resources/

otherwise, you find the rules in-game or via rules tab... why is it that LEO's does not get dealt with after breaking rules? IA cannot PUNISH people for a rule break.

Reaction score
most of the cops go away with their actions when I report an officer for shooting me for no reason etc ... staff tells me to make an IA Complaint but i cba to do one

Reaction score
should be handled with rules wise not IA tbh. I can just mass rdm bazaar as sergeant and just say make an IA...

Reaction score
Personally, I don't feel like how a lot of reports end up with the generic response:
Make an IA complaint
Make an IA complain
Make an IA complai
Make an IA compla
Make an IA compl
Make an IA comp
Make an IA com
Make an IA co
Make an IA c
Make an IA
Make an I
Make an
Make a
Make
Mak
Ma
M

I feel like staff neglect most reports on officers which should be dealt with if rules are broken.
I do believe that staff should come first and decide if they've broken a rule like 4.1 first for example, invalid raids, searches, charges ect and then IA complaints after rather than it being an either staff or IA thing.
I’ve always been told and made aware that any situations with an officer go through IA unless it’s 3.4... How true this actually is I don’t know but that’s what I experienced from being staff and before, I believe that if an officer has actually broken a rule even if it is a policy it should be a staff matter. I think there needs to be some proper outlining on this

Reaction score
F6: Hello, an officer just ...

Staff: make an IA

staff automatically say "make an IA" when they say the word "officer" in f6

Reaction score
Internal Affairs is a division dedicated to resolving police-related conflicts; staff doesn't have the same resources to keep track of misconduct within the PD, resolve these conflicts and on top of that make changes in policies to prevent it from happening again. I don't see why staff should get involved unless it's either really minor or very malicious. You guys are already getting a luxury treatment having competent members of the community looking into these things.

Reaction score
I’ve always been told and made aware that any situations with an officer go through IA unless it’s 3.4... How true this actually is I don’t know but that’s what I experienced from being staff and before, I believe that if an officer has actually broken a rule even if it is a policy it should be a staff matter. I think there needs to be some proper outlining on this
Incorrect. Staff pick and choose if its IA or ban. For example, this ban should've been an IA complaint since it was purely based on an officer using excessive force.
b76ef81d66bacb94b5d5d2b53334f4e1.png

Reaction score
Staff members should be investigating all situations where Officers are breaking the rules. The only exception to this should be 4.1 (breaking the law), which should be handed over to IA for minor infringements. For the major infringements of 4.1, the officer is likely to be breaking other rules as well, such as 2.5, so that would need to be looked at by staff.

Where the staff member feels that the officer is not breaking any rules, but may be breaking a policy, they should direct the reporter to IA.

Staff members should still do some amount of investigation on reports that are likely to go to IA and see if they are able to resolve things. If a ticket is clearly over the limit or has been stacked, they should be able to intervene. If a raid has been performed without a search warrant, they should be able to ask the Officer why.

What staff members don't need to spend time investigating is minor law violations such as officers running red lights, or Officers allegedly using excessive force in fist/gun/knife fights.

If you are aware of a situation where staff members are not investigating players who have allegedly broken the rules, or handling reports properly, please contact myself or @ayjay ツ, or make a staff complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.