I'm going to make an AR!

Reaction score
The community can be very challenging at times, especially for those who can't seem to grasp the idea of human error and simply breaking rules. Trust me, I've come across many different role playing servers and I can tell you this is one of the best simply because of the way the community follow the rules (most of the time) to the best of their ability however when rules are broken, that's when we begin to see the hostility between players. Now having being a part of different communities I can tell you that somethings may even work for this one and maybe not, that's why I rather place this in the general discussion section than that of an idea or suggestion. I was thinking something like this:

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE OF A SITUATION WHERE THE PUNISHMENT SYSTEM COULD BE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER IN MY OPINION:

Player red has recently been killed whilst AFK during a highly tense situation, more than likely a raid, player blue does not know this however it's already happened and player red has lost his new AK-47 which he's been saving months for.

Player red is now getting upset in the OOC chat and is disputing with player blue. Now from here most players go straight into AR's because that's a common reflex in the community. Player red has been told to make a report on the matter instead of an AR as they're both still in game.

After a long discussion, player blue now understands why player red is so angry and is ready to face punishment. Now like I said before humans make errors, it's difficult to process is someone is AFK after all. Now the kind admin has taken into account that human errors are possible. INSTEAD OF BANNING/WARNING PLAYER BLUE the admin now offers a kinder situation to both players which consist of a REASONABLE COMPENSATION which can be discussed in team speak.

Both players are happy, no one is banned/warned and they continue to live the rest of their days on Perp knowing that mistakes do happen and that there is a system in place should such things happen.

THE SITUATION ABOVE IS MADE UP, THE DISCUSSION IS FOCUSED ON THE WAY THE PUNISHMENT WAS DEALT WITH, NOT THE ACTUAL SCENARIO.

Yes, I know the situation is rather cringe but that's not the point. I believe with reasonable discussion and an agreement to a decent compensation due to a rule break happening as it's normally money being lost as to why rule breaks happen. I think that less problems will be made within the community.

Feel free to comment your ideas, it's the general discussion section after all. Just trying to get feedback before actually going into details of how a system could be implemented.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The community can be very challenging at times, especially for those who can't seem to grasp the idea of human error and simply breaking rules. Trust me, I've come across many different role playing servers and I can tell you this is one of the best simply because of the way the community follow the rules (most of the time) to the best of their ability however when rules are broken, that's when we begin to see the hostility between players. Now having being a part of different communities I can tell you that somethings may even work for this one and maybe not, that's why I rather place this in the general discussion section than that of an idea or suggestion. I was thinking something like this:

scenario:

Player red has recently been killed whilst AFK during a highly tense situation, more than likely a raid, player blue does not know this however it's already happened and player red has lost his new AK-47 which he's been saving months for.

Player red is now getting upset in the OOC chat and is disputing with player blue. Now from here most players go straight into AR's because that's a common reflex in the community. Player red has been told to make a report on the matter instead of an AR as they're both still in game.

After a long discussion, player blue now understands why player red is so angry and is ready to face punishment. Now like I said before humans make errors, it's difficult to process is someone is AFK after all. Now the kind admin has taken into account that human errors are possible. INSTEAD OF BANNING/WARNING PLAYER BLUE the admin now offers a kinder situation to both players which consist of a REASONABLE COMPENSATION which can be discussed in team speak.

Both players are happy, no one is banned/warned and they continue to live the rest of their days on Perp knowing that mistakes do happen and that there is a system in place should such things happen.

Yes, I know the situation is rather cringe but that's not the point. I believe with reasonable discussion and an agreement to a decent compensation due to a rule break happening as it's normally money being lost as to why rule breaks happen. I think that less problems will be made within the community.

Feel free to comment your ideas, it's the general discussion section after all. Just trying to get feedback before actually going into details of how a system could be implemented.

If someone is AFK and they are being raided, if given adequate time to follow the orders before shooting, it's fine to end them since ICly, they are not co-operating,.

However if they are sat in a room where there is a "friend" wallbanging the raiders and the raiders do the safe to which he is afk and dies, again his fault.

Being AFK isn't a reason to not be killed, if you have done what you can ICly then it's a matter of not complying even if you are AFK as with the logic pointed there, if I am getting raided, I just go AFK then I can't be killed otherwise I can make an AR.

However being AFK is your own fault if in a place that can end up with you dead... not to mention it is against;
3.16 Idle
Players are not allowed to go idle for a prolonged period of time, while on the server. Players are also prohibited from going idle during a roleplay situation, however if they have a reasonable reason they may go idle provided they inform every player involved in LOOC and submit a /report to inform an admin they have gone idle.

AFK going for a quick piss is reasonable but tabbing out then tabbing back in to find you dead and crying in ooc means nothing, as long as the RP is done, fair enough, if perceived you are a threat whilst AFK i.e. you have your gun on your back or in passive whilst being raided, then it isn't smart to leave you alive when you could easily "return from AFK" and gat them down.

Reaction score
The more likely scenario:

The situation is dismissed as player blue didn't really break any rules if player red was caught in crossfire or went afk and didnt follow demands.

Player Red is now going to follow player blue untill he sees him break the smallest rule and make an AR because hes a salty fuck.

rat

Reaction score
I have a better idea:

If no one broke rules, then there would be no ARs.

dd3.png

It's all cool and good to establish a theoretical "ideal" system where people can easily sort things out without third party intervention. But most times this just isn't the case. If the person breaking the rule has acknowledged he broke the rule, apologises and tries to make amends, of course, he will get a lesser punishment.

The idea that everyone will be willing to talk it out is pure idealism. The amount of salt and beef in this community is palpable at best.

If we give the option for people to financially compensate each other that creates a whole host of issues such as blackmail and being poor negatively affecting people OOCly. Refund requests exist for a reason.

Reaction score
I've seen multiple situations like this, it always comes down to the person's fault for being AFK. Yet, to stop any salt, just be like @xhantium and go AFK with your gun in attack stance so while you're afk you aren't stalling someone elses RP and they can just one tap you. This actually happened with me and @xhantium and I didn't get in trouble because he had his fat gat out and he wasn't salty because he had his fat gat in attack stance.

Reaction score
Linking back to my time in Arma 3 life, a compensation system did exist and it was abused to shit.

It basically allows the "victim" to demand items from the lad who broke rules, threatening them with a warning/ban due to them not accepting it. Trust me, it's not a nice feeling knowing that your time on the server can be dictated by a salty mofo over an AK you can't afford to compensate.