In-game Media Links (PLPD Online, Laws, and Guides menus) not loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Issue: When I load in, everything is normal usually (except occasionally player models are doing the downward dog t-posing, but found that I resolved it by resubscribing the content pack), but I can't seem to see the PLPD, Guide, or Law, and similar, menus.

Specifications: Currently on the x86_64 bit chromium branch. As I am on Linux, I'm also using Proton for compatibility because for some reason on the native version I get an error in the Garry's mod menu 'Can't find SteamUGC. Make sure your Steam is up-to-date!'. I have the latest release for Steam. Oddly enough my Garry's Mod main screen's HTML5 menu doesn't appear whatsoever so that's weird, but a workaround I found is using the Lua menu.

Media:
1637745704337.png

Issue #1

Issue #2: Literally imagine the Garry's Mod Main screen without the 'Singleplayer, Multiplayer, etc' menus and the update/news spotlight on the top left but still with the interactive background

Issue #3: Crash log and Console Dump will be attached.
@Samuel

Attachments

• perphead-information.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reaction score
I see you are using proton, Proton does not support HTML interfaces within GMod hence it doesn't work properly.

If this is also occuring on the main menus etc you can use the pure Lua implementation by Robotboy655: https://github.com/robotboy655/gmod-lua-menu

I do not know if this will also fix it on the server but it is a Proton known issue

Reaction score
I see you are using proton, Proton does not support HTML interfaces within GMod hence it doesn't work properly.

If this is also occuring on the main menus etc you can use the pure Lua implementation by Robotboy655: https://github.com/robotboy655/gmod-lua-menu

I do not know if this will also fix it on the server but it is a Proton known issue
Yeah I already had the resolved. Just had the web pages in the in-game menus on the server especially those that redirect to a page; laws, PLPD online, handbook etc.

I had the Lua menu when I made the video where it just shows the pages blink but that's weird since the steam overlay works just fine; occasionally the steam overlay has a 'panic attack' that refreshes constantly which I just open it in a new tab but it works fine

Reaction score
Closed due to inactivity on support thread. Let us know which post may have solved your issue and do not hesitate to let us know of any further issues you may be facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.