Increase render distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/increase-view-range.34607/

Main Idea: Increasing how far one can see before its cut off.

Full description of the idea: By increasing how far you can see it unlocks more opportunity's in gunfights and tactics, for example right now if you're shooting from the bridge at subs you can see halfway into subs 2. Unless there is some heavy fog there should be no reason why you can't see all of subs 2 or even subs 1 at he far end.

Why should it be added?: Because its really triggering to be able to see so little, and extremely annoying at certain spots where you are just not able to see the next 10 meters to do decent sniping or to react to situations.

Pros: Zenith scopes and snipers are better.
While driving supercars max speed you'll be able to stop in time before colliding into something.
Gunfights will be more stretched out, flankers will have increased opportunity's.

Cons: Zenith scopes and snipers are better.

*Other additions: n/a

Reaction score
Maybe have it so you can toggle it in the F1 menu.
Keep in mind people can barely pull 10fps while in a shootout.

Reaction score
Yes, it can. It's entirely based upon the maps settings when it is created in Hammer. Go on to gm_sandbox and see for yourself.

Reaction score
This isn't possible as the render distance setting is set when the map is created. It is not a value you can change on the fly.

I found a few commands that might actually be able to do it: cl_maxrenderable_dist and cl_detaildist. Not sure if these will work on multiplayer, though it's worth a try.

Last edited:
Reaction score
my rig is shit i have1540120247656.png+ a 750 TI And I barley pull 15-20 FPS In a shootout, More so, Perp Isn't Optimised alot, I went onto a server that was "Optimised" and got Over 200fps, this just goes to show that it'd be un logical and an unfair advantage, you could litterally just increase your render distance in settings

Reaction score
He isn't saying it can't be increased at all, he's just saying it'll cause issues if he does increase it.

Reaction score
The comment function exists now, please use it.

What would the aforementioned issues be though? Perhaps XQuality would enlighten us but he hasn't been on the forums in a while. Do you know what they are?

Reaction score
I don't know the issues you can ask him if you want. But they probably outweigh the benefit of seeing further. And I don't know how to comment.

Reaction score
Maybe , add this as optional for players as some people's PCs cant handle and would bomb

Reaction score
Would be cool but it gives players more reason to cry about the fact that its an unfair advantage. An alternative could be if you are rich then just buy 15 full m82 mags and an m82 then just snipe outside render distance at random spots and hope you are lucky. There is a slight bullet drop when shooting out of render distance tho. IDK if its that or the fact that you use skybox and its not completely accurate to where the buildings normally are.

Reaction score
As people have said it is physically not possible due to the games engine. Its not about people's PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.