joey's enforcer application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: joey

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:52628136

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:
Hi, my name is joey and I've played PERP for near 7 odd years now. I enjoy the community and game; most of you know that I'm a heavy cop main but still do piss about as a meth head on the occasion. Being an enforcer is something I've wanted to come back to for a long time now, rather than beating around the bush I thought I'd be outright honest that my intention is to become Enforcer+ rather than applying for Helper.

I want to join the staff team again because I see PERP progressing in a good direction as a community and I want to be more-a-part of it, helping run those mini-events more often and especially helping guide the constantly changing meta of how rules are enforced. I think all staff need to have a good rapport with the whole community, having communication as a key point to good development. I'm the right type of person for that role: I've branched out and am friendly to all types of players, getting involved in some of the most out-there roleplay and genuinely trying to give everyone the chance to have a bit of fun. I admire how the community has developed and how it's working with the dwindling player base of Garry's mod to rejuvenate itself to something better. I've seen all the changes the community has gone through and I'm loving it right now, although some may say it's nothing of its former glory: I really appreciate what the staff team is doing and I want to be a part of it.

Now I have lost all sense of bias that I did indeed have and am a very active and present member of the community. I'm no longer afraid to ask for help if I don't quite understand something, really losing that cocky self-righteousness that I used to have. I want to use all this to keep helping to make PERP an inviting community that breeds good friendships and fun, it's a class game mode and we all enjoy it.

Learning to respect the idea of roleplay over ruleplay was one of my biggest challenges; it's on a staff member to know when, how, and to what extent certain rules should be enforced, dependent on the situation. I feel my interaction with the likes of Blackdown and Mim have shown I can understand there are aspects of roleplay that are healthy and beneficial to the server, without always following the rules to the dot. I can enforce rules correctly and with confidence, it will only be to benefit the server.

I'm not going to rant on with filler text, I hope you all see that I want to be a part of the staff team and am capable of it. Cheers for the feedback in advance, and thanks to the Administration Team for giving me good pointers on how to have a successful application this time.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
So why on earth would I apply for enforcer within a month of being denied for helper? I want to show my interest in becoming a functioning part of the staff team again, rather than staying at helper with what could be a needless month or so to prove myself. I am not opposed to being put on pending and given helper to prove my abilities as a staff member. Alongside this I want to share the reason that I was denied:
1598372844293.png
Now it's safe to say that I have had my gaps in presence around the community over the past years. I believe it was McGlinchy who made this point and it is very valid. I hope that my current activity and involvement is proof enough that I'm around to stay. This is seen in my presence with suggestions, bug reports, and events - even with my persistent ideas for the PD to help better the community.

As always here are some photos of my warnings and bans. I've not been warned in over 5 years nor received a ban in over 4 years.
1598372760953.png
1598372782560.png

Reaction score
I see where you're coming from. If the admin lot think I need that first I'm sure they'll pull it out uno

Reaction score
I have to agree with Benji here. I feel as though you need some time as a Helper to show you can be dedicated.
If the admin team feel you are not suitable for enforcer, but suitable for helper, you may be given helper as a temporary placement.

Good luck.

Reaction score
I fully support this. Since I have become active again I have been in many different situations with you as both crim and cop. One of them which really stood out was where a new player believed people were being racist towards him and you felt people took certain things a bit too far and I could see you really wanted to help him to the point where you were eager to speak to him privately and explain how the community works.

It is clear you really care about this community and I believe you would be a great addition to the staff team.

Reaction score
I believe that your past experience is being unnecessarily downplayed by many in this thread and I think that the way that you conduct yourself in-game reflects your character. You've held many positions within the PLPD which demonstrates a dedication to the game and have been a longstanding player within this community. As such, I believe that you are a genuine candidate for the role and should be given an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to work back to the administration team once again.

I really doubt that going through helper would give you any tangible benefit to your ability to administrate in an RP situation as the kind of administration is completely different, helpers are there to assist in a certain capacity i.e. to help (not to impact directly on RP situations where there are rule breakages), whereas Enforcers are those who exist out of character to ensure that rules are being abided and to respond to serious breakages to avoid breaking character and the steady stream of roleplay.

I do understand @BigBenji and @Jimmy Jackson's rationale here, as Jimmy has said before that the helper position gives the applicant "...the gist of basic staffing and helping.", however, a person who has already undergone this kind of role in the past should not have to re-demonstrate that they have these capabilities if they have had them in the past.

Reaction score
I fully support this app, Joey has always been calm and professional. He has been high ranks within the PD and has been staff before. I feel he would be a perfect candidate.
Good luck :)

Reaction score
Joey has been in the community longer than more than 90% of the people here today, this has resulted in him having a brillant ability to be able to learn and enforce all the rules that have been in place for many years. Futhermore, his genuine friendliness and his outstanding communication skills have made a most desierable candidate for the staff team. Therefore I will have to give this a huge +1.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
+1
I believe Joey is ready to become staff again.
-Active
-helpful in-game
-Previous Experience Staff Experience On The Server.​

Reaction score
Joey, I have a really hard time supporting this application due to my first experience with you as a staff member. When I was brand new (6hours tops), I was brought to a sit and was lashed for breaking a rule I had no idea about. During the sit you and your friends were messing around while I was genuinely confused and I was given a ban for my actions as a brand new sweater. I saw this as very power hungry. I think you are a great guy and enjoy playing with you. I would really like to see you as helper first to prove yourself that your powers won’t get to your head like last time. I have nothing personal against you and like I said, I truly enjoy playing with you but I’ll stay neutral at this point and strongly suggest the administration team give Joey a chance as a helper first.

Reaction score
This pretty much sums up how I was at the start of staff. I was reckless and rude - frankly immature.

I hope you see I’m not that type of guy anymore but cheers for this reply. As I said, I made this an enforcer application so I wasn’t pussyfooting around what o really wanted to do

rat

Reaction score
mr shadow (if that even is your real name), the last time you were staff you did like to mess around a bit, but putting that aside you were a really good staff member (except that time you let me bomb puffer mart as a cop but that was very funny)

you're a genuinely good (and mature) person and I believe you have the best interests of the community at heart.

you have my support sir!

Reaction score
I support Joey's application, i've never known him back when he was a staff member. I've known him for a while now as a cop main and even before he left. He was always friendly and helpfull towards me! I believe Joey will make an excellent enforcer and feel like he has to be given the opportunity to prove himself! This could be done by giving him Helper in the first place, but i don't think that's necessary at all!

Reaction score
From my point of view and experience with Joey 3 years ago when he used to be staff, he was really good at his job and we all appreciated the work he did for the community. He's a really chill lad and I would really like to see him climb the ranks. You have my support in this application!

Status
Not open for further replies.