Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law:
Change to 10.1, 11.1, or something similar

What law do you wish to change/add:
Something that would specify the Creation of an Independent State

Why should this change/addition be made:
Of course making your own independent state doesn't make much sense. However, when it happens, it seems like officers don't really know what to do about it. By specifying this situation in a current law, the PLPD would have clear idea of how to handle the situation.

What is the aim of this change/addition:
In the last days, Bazaar has become an independent state in multiple occasions and officers sometimes didn't quite know what to do. So yeah...

Additional Information:
Better explained in the comments, maybe?
"I am not asking for a big change or whatever, just a single sentence making reference to these kind of situations "
"I am not saying there are no laws that prevent this kind of situation, what I would think to be useful would be a specification of the creation of an independent state in a law in order to make it clearer for everyone (since both the PLPD and citizens don't seem to acknowledge this well). And yes, I can see how this may seem dumb, but it would be useful for many people and even preventing these kind of situations. "

Last edited:
Reaction score
Civilians have no power to make an 'independent state' and if they're using props to block it off it's a blatant rule-breakage and should be reported. Anyone who is causing alarm or distress pretending this is an independent state can be charged.

Deleted member 1235

Simply tell them their 'state' is not recognised by the city or the state (we are a fictional state in the USA according to Bolli) and they aren't recognised by the UN or any other state, therefore are subject to the laws of paralake untill independence if formally recognised.

Or just storm in whilst yelling anschluss and arrest them for unlawful demonstrations and loitering.

Reaction score
Yes, of course. The thing is, there still could be a direct law about this specific situation (that happens more regularly than expected) since many people are not clear about what to do about it. @Mango @Duffy

Reaction score
Doesn't need a separate law if it's already mentioned. What's the specific hard part that people don't understand?

Reaction score
@Mango Well, I don't know. What I know is that these situations turn out to be kind of difficult to be handled by the officers, most times just ignored really.

Reaction score
I see no reason for this to be added as its not even the sort of thing you'd see on a local law. It's FAR too specific.

Reaction score
As I said, yes it is a very specific case, but it is a specific thing that seems to happen every single day. Still, I can perfectly see that it might not fit well.

Reaction score
It is not really big news. It has always happened, it happens and will continue to happen.

Reaction score
In the last days, Bazaar has become an independent state in multiple occasions and officers sometimes didn't quite know what to do. So yeah..
You arrest them for 11.1 Obstruction of Property Access
but considering it's bazaar you just tap everyone in the head as a precaution,
The thing is, there still could be a direct law about this specific situation (t

11.1 mentions perfectly what you are trying to suggest though

It is illegal to use objects, your person or threatening behaviour(Riot, Coupe d'etat etc things like this) to prevent access to either a public area or private property, to a person authorised to enter the area in question.

Reaction score
I think we are kind of missing the issue here.
The problem is, most officers really don't know exactly what to do, and causing alarm and distress can be a bit relative and may end in a more complicated situation (since officers are 24/7 under pressure because of everything). By specifying this situation (and for how specific it may be, it is a regular occurrence) the PLPD would have a clear sign on what to do. (Not to mention that citizens would most likely stop doing it)

Reaction score
I think we are kind of missing the issue here.
The problem is, most officers really don't know exactly what to do, and causing alarm and distress can be a bit relative and may end in complicated situation (since officers are 24/7 under pressure because of everything). By specifying this situation (and for how specific it may be, it is a regular occurrence) the PLPD would have a clear sign to what to do. (Not to mention that citizens would most likely stop doing it)
i edited my post above, i didn't mean to post causing alarm and distress.

what you're trying to suggest is already covered in law 11.1 as i edited above but i'll paste it here again
It is illegal to use objects, your person or >>>>>>>>threatening behaviour<<<<<<<<<<<(Riot, Coupe d'etat etc things like this) to prevent access to either a public area or private property, to a person authorised to enter the area in question.
if a cop doesn't know what to do he needs to read the laws more often

Reaction score
If you're planning an all out Insurgency ISIS type take over, then at least as for permission for such a thing before you go ahead (Highly Unlikely) Of course there are many laws that can be thrown onto your heads such as 11.1 In a way, but also 10.1 Due to the fact you're scaring people off and causing alarm and distress by literally seiging an area and making it a new state within a city.

This whole 'Seige' and Independent state takeover nonesense Law is unecessary since It barely happens and or is not allowed or advised within rules in terms of Prop Placement and It being unecessary to even do it, of course you can disregard those build rules but still be basic and legit once staff permission is given, but like I said, I highly doubt a staff member will let you literally do a 'Militia Takeover' on Paralake when you already have Militiarised TFU that can Ace your State in seconds.

You'd of course need a valid RP reason to take over Bazaar and probably ruin other players business as well as having a shootout and mass take over and you'd need many people to hold out for a little bit, of course Im not going to support this change since it just never occurs and theres already a fair few laws that can be charged sorounding such things as well as this you'd need staff permission and it will probably go wrong knowing the capability of mass problems with some people that decide to go ahead and conduct a siege.

Reaction score
Well, I would say that it happens more often than we would expect. Still, I am not asking for a big change or whatever, just a single sentence making reference to this kind of situations (which doesn't necessarily mean a full militia take-over nor prop blocking)

Reaction score
I am sorry about the way I explained it, I have changed it a bit. Yes, I am not saying there are no laws that prevent this kind of situation, what I would think to be useful would be a specification of the creation of an independent state in a law in order to make it clearer for everyone (since both the PLPD and citizens don't seem to acknowledge this well). And yes, I can see how this may seem dumb, but it would be useful for many people and even preventing these kind of situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.