Looking for a new Chair

Reaction score
Hello,
As christmas is coming up, My family have started asking what I want. I decided that after 1 year, I need a new chair, this current one is not comfortable to sit on for prolonged periods of time, I decided something like THIS would be suitable and hopefully last some time.

Just want to make sure I'm getting a good deal etc. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know, Preferably with a colour scheme similar to that, (I don't mind black or blue) and No more than £200.

Thanks!

Reaction score

I wouldn't buy any sorts chair over internet if that's what you're doing, just go somewhere that sells office furniture and get a proper office chair, get something comfy

Reaction score
Don’t buy something that is called a “gaming” chair. Buy an office chair.

Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a Herman Miller chair recently but it was like over £1000. I don't know if they do any chairs at your price point but it may be worth a look. Apparently they're the best chairs you can buy.

Reaction score
I would not recommend to buy a gaming chair. I prefer a more casual look. The same applies for my gaming pc; it's just a blackbox without any fancy lights. Just buy a comfortable office chair. So you can still use the items when you move out. I still use a lot of my furniture from my parents house.

Girls don't like it it either

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ergonomic Chair , worked in an investment bank and these chairs were the best they had. But the best way to be comfortable on a chair is to fix your posture, quick tip; raise shoulders, pull them back and let them drop that should help fix your posture

Reaction score
I would not recommend to buy a gaming chair. I prefer a more casual look. The same applies for my gaming pc; it's just a blackbox without any fancy lights. Just buy a comfortable office chair. So you can still use the items when you move out. I still use a lot of my furniture from my parents house.

Girls don't like it it either
Thanks for the heads up alliat! I was just about buy one aswell!
You're a lifesaver <3

Reaction score
I don't know how tall you are, but I recommend the MARKUS from IKEA. It's comfortable and it's one of the very few chairs that I can actually use the headrest on.

As others have said, don't buy a gaming chair, you can get much more ergonomic chairs for a similar amount of money. It will also last longer as you won't want to replace it when your life moves on and you inevitably bring a special someone home, but it makes them think you're immature so they leave.

Reaction score
I don't know how tall you are, but I recommend the MARKUS from IKEA. It's comfortable and it's one of the very few chairs that I can actually use the headrest on.

As others have said, don't buy a gaming chair, you can get much more ergonomic chairs for a similar amount of money. It will also last longer as you won't want to replace it when your life moves on and you inevitably bring a special someone home, but it makes them think you're immature so they leave.
I have the exact same chair in my room. I have no complaints.

Reaction score

does it come with the woman https://mmapi.ikea.com/im/productfilms/videos/fe001140.mp4

Reaction score
Tried the markus today and it was pretty good, although I think I preferred the järvfjället more which is a newer model. Only complaint I have is that I wish it was a little taller so I could rest my head without having to sit in a more relaxed position. Don't know if it's supposed to be like that or that I'm just a little taller than what it's for.

Reaction score
My friend recently bought THIS despite it not having many reviews on Amazon; he says he loves it and it's one of the best chairs he's ever had. He's around 5'8ish for reference and of quite a muscular build.