Police Suggestion M1911A1 for in gear TFU (or maybe USP40).

Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

Back in the earlier days of TFU, Prior to the 2019 Light gear update, Tactical Firearms Officers received the following pistols as options for only when they were in TFU Gear regardless of their rank:
- Glock 20
- P226
- USP40
- M1911A1

This suggestion is to bring back the ability for Tactical Firearms Officers to have the USP40 and / or M1911A1 when in gear. I am primarily going to be suggesting the M1911 for TFU But when I spoke about this idea people also said the USP40 should be offered.

Existing code already is in play that removes your pistol upon gearing down, so I see no issues code side with adding this, however having certain sidearms inaccessible in TFU Gear might (I don’t know if it will) be complicated since lieutenants can access the M1911 regardless of gear status.

Alternatively, in the same way the Remington becomes the Mossberg when you gear up, all 4 of these handguns could be added replacing the revolvers, seeing as a huge portion of TFU don’t use revolvers.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- Tactical Firearms Officers who can hit their shots in a pinch having a more powerful backup sidearm to do so.
- Weapons of a specific tactical application, such as the benelli shotgun or any of the sniper rifles could be a more considerable option for officers to have powerful but lower capacity handguns which carry more damage at range than a Glock or P99.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- Rank climbing could be discourage I guess? Not that the PD is necessarily favouring people who live in TFU gear anyways.

Reaction score
minus support.

PLPD have enough weapons as it is and they are proven to be effective as it stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
PLPD have enough weapons as it is
This is for TFUs only who already have a wide selection of primary firearms to choose from, having more secondary options when going for a shotgun or sniper is welcome and isn't going to change much in how they're going to murder you as these weapons are just more down to personal preference.

The weapons suggested already have similar performance that of a P99 which is 10mm (.45ACP is literally the same, we don't argue about this) with the exception of the Glock 20 which is a .40 S&W (10x25mm). Just to remind you, Senior Officer which is the minimum required rank to acquire TFU automatically get a P99 so this will not make them any stronger.

Secondly, PLPD suggestion, automatic negative.
A PLPD suggestion in the PLPD forum, how tragic.