Map Suggestion Make Bazaar Crosswalk safer for pedestrians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Make Bazaar Crosswalk safer for pedestrians
Suggestion Description: My point is that when people go from Business Shops across the road to Bazaar you can stand on the hedge and hide behind the bollards to safely check whether there are cars coming or not. Now on the other side you have to physically peek on the road to check, if there is a speeding car coming from the left.

So my suggestion would be to either to push the Bazaar building a bit further and make a space for a sidewalk and a small wall (just connect to the one at front bazaar parking). Or just make it so there is better view of the road.

Why should this be added?:
- Less people dying crossing the crosswalk.
- More Pedestrian Friendly

What negatives could this have?:
- Taking Lelios' time to model.

Useful Images:

Reaction score
I have a ridiculous proposal but please hear me out:

Overpass like bridge? The model isn't perfect obviously so it will need to be higher and some buildings need to be moved!
vTyw5iY.png

Reaction score
but please hear me out
no.

Bazaar shootouts are already rat infested as is, now this adds a whole new level of verticality and shit angles to hold, plus i cant imagine anything like this looking remotely visually appealing.

fell off

Reaction score
While this probably makes sense, I actually kinda like it how it is, makes people think twice before just jaywalking into a busy road

Reaction score
  • Staff
While this probably makes sense, I actually kinda like it how it is, makes people think twice before just jaywalking into a busy road
But there is no guarantee you are not gonna get run over even when using the traffic light button. You are still going to get swept up by a P1 going 120mph, because it's impossible for it to stop in time.

Reaction score
But there is no guarantee you are not gonna get run over even when using the traffic light button. You are still going to get swept up by a P1 going 120mph, because it's impossible for it to stop in time.
Adding to that, if you want to cross the road, you have to peek in a way that could end up lethal for you, as you would have half of you hovering above the road (and I've seen instances where this resulted in them being run over).

Reaction score
Do people slow down for speed bumps? I do cause my car shits itself every time I hit it. Maybe add a bump sometime before the crossing, perhaps towards city bridge? Make it a fat one too. EDIT: Maybe make the crossing a nasty speed bump so there's a small penalty for trying to run people over.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Do people slow down for speed bumps? I do cause my car shits itself every time I hit it. Maybe add a bump sometime before the crossing, perhaps towards city bridge? Make it a fat one too.
I mean there is a speed bump at Puffer Mart and it doesn't do that good of a job. Not like I drove all the cars, but only ones I notices that respond to the Speed Bumb in a way that might slow it down (or do anything that might impact the driver) are BMWs, that are capable of tiering/damaging themselves when landing.

Reaction score
Lost guns too many times due to people going 120 there, I'd say it's risking your life to even go that fast there

Reaction score
I mean there is a speed bump at Puffer Mart and it doesn't do that good of a job. Not like I drove all the cars, but only ones I notices that respond to the Speed Bumb in a way that might slow it down (or do anything that might impact the driver) are BMWs, that are capable of tiering/damaging themselves when landing.
going fast in any super car damages the car quite badly, I tested it on my F1 before, 5 times at full speed and the car breaks

Reaction score

My extension suggestion already mentioned adding a sidewalk and pushing the bazaar to the left to allow for it: having sidewalks so you can walk out and check the road from a safe position, and having a narrower street with more edge friction to encourage cars to slow down, would make the crossing a lot safer and make the street generally more pleasant than the faux-highway it is at the moment.

I suppose the only other thing you could do would be to add a chicane or pedestrianize the road entirely - diverting traffic into the business district and through the forest - but that seems a bit too radical for car-centric perpheads.

Reaction score

My extension suggestion already mentioned adding a sidewalk and pushing the bazaar to the left to allow for it: having sidewalks so you can walk out and check the road from a safe position, and having a narrower street with more edge friction to encourage cars to slow down, would make the crossing a lot safer and make the street generally more pleasant than the faux-highway it is at the moment.

I suppose the only other thing you could do would be to add a chicane or pedestrianize the road entirely - diverting traffic into the business district and through the forest - but that seems a bit too radical for car-centric perpheads.
Lovely I will close this as a duplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.