Matt Douglas' Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Matt

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:51638925

IN-GAME NAME: Matt Douglas

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:

I have been a member of this community for over 6 years now, granted it's been on and off. I used to be a somewhat annoying presence, and used to have a disregard for rules etc. However since returning to the server a year and a half ago I've completely changed the image I portray to the community by accumulating no bans or warnings. So I hope my past can be overlooked and forgiven.

Since joining originally in 2015 I've sincerely enjoyed my time here and feel now is the correct time to try to give back to the community that I've so much enjoyed playing in. Recently me and my friend @John Daymon decided we would spend much of our time on the server helping new players. Knowing that I am playing my part in helping players have similar experiences to the ones I've had here, is very rewarding. I wish to now help players even more through the Helper rank, allowing me to assist players in even more ways and hopefully helping them settle in.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?
I feel as though I suit the helper role very well as I am extremely active, often on most days excluding some weekends. I can be seen spending countless hours helping new players in game, through help chat and on the forums. I am an extremely friendly and approachable character. I have a very extensive understanding of the rules, laws and just general server knowledge that I've acquired over my time playing. I would like to now use this information for good and pass it on to new players looking to get into the community.

Furthermore I was noticed in the most recent community spotlight, for my aiding of new players and general turn around of attitude. A player I helped was also mentioned in this post. This is just one of the many players I've assisted. Whether that be helping them set up a base and understand the drugs system, or helping them with server related issue such as inability to hear others.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:
The only real experience I have is from old DarkRP server's i'd play on, having been staff on majority I've dedicated a substantial amount of time to. I do have plenty experience helping new users however, having spent many hours supporting new players. I've spent entire days helping new players learn the basics of making money which shows a very high level of patience.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
I appreciate you taking the time to read and consider my application.

Reaction score
I know this is going to be seen as a biased support but I am writing this support from a non-biased standpoint.

Matts history isn't the best and people have seen him as a minge before, which is fair by looking at his record, however you have to understand the drastic changes matt has made to his attitude towards PERP, he is in my eyes the kindest user on the server who reaches out to anyone who's in the need of help and wants to support everyone who's new to the server, in the beginning of his change me and him drove around for a whole week just looking for players to help, during this time Matt showed his exceptional skills of making people understand what the server and the gamemode is about. During this time I saw Matt develop himself into a "better person" where he decided to dedicate all of his time on PERP towards helping people on the server and nothing else. Matt has used his own money to help players out resulting in him going bankrupt.

Matt is also someone I'd say is a great candidate not only for helper but also enforcer. His extensive rule knowledge is something else than other players. His ability to help players understand the rules and laws on the server is something else since a lot of users can't be bothered reading the wall of text that the poorly written rules consists of.

Matt is generally a good community member as a whole since he cares about players and tries to make them enjoy the server, I can use an example when me and Matt were being rude towards a community member (IN-CHARACTER) Matt quickly changed his approach to the user and apologised since we both realised that the user had a rough time in real-life and tried to comfort the user instead.

Just give him helper already.

Reaction score
I don't really know much of Matts history on the server, i do remember him being a minge from time to time, but not annoying at all. I have witnessed his current behavior! He's very helpfull and amazing overall. He should really get PH ACCEPTED!

Reaction score
matt is one of the nicest people ive ever met on this server. he is super helpful and friendly to anyone. massive +support from me

Reaction score
+support great man he such a good help take his time out of his day to help whoever needs it he deserve to be a helper

Reaction score
+support, havent always had the best times with Matt but over the recent times where i havent been banned i have saw he has been helping new players out a fair bit and been helping out in ooc whenever he can.
good luck Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.