Server Suggestion Mayor Campaign

Reaction score
Discussion Post: Main Idea: Give Mayor candidates a campaign chat (/campaign)

Full description of the idea: Recently, I noticed a lot of Advert spam when Mayor Candidates was adverting their low taxes etc. I was thinking, Mayor Candidates should have a 'Campaign' chat which works the same way as an Advert but is limited to Mayor Candidates and can only be used ONCE by each Candidate.

Why should it be added?: I feel this would be great as it's a small addition with a big impact. It's easy to code and will help a lot with spam. This also means there is a difference between an /advert and a Mayor candidate trying to get votes.

Pros: Less Spam in advert. Difference between an advert and a candidate campaign. A little more realism I suppose. Also, a little more convenient and an actual difference between an advert and a Mayor campaign.

Cons: Could be abused, but so could any other chat

*Other additions: Maybe allow admins to remove a candidate from the ballot if they abuse the 'campaign function'

We could have: 5344

Reaction score
I think this is an exceptional suggestion! For many years now the Advert chat has been plagued with adverts from people wanting to become Mayor! This does not only cause slight confusion but also doesn't allow players to identify whether it is an advert or an election candidate upon glancing at the chat. While this system would allow candidates to not only express their political ideologies but allow them to be seen without the hassle of seeing some grey text explode the chat every time an election is nearing!
+Support!

Reaction score
I think upon the election starting a window should pop up on the side of your screen with the name of the candidate, a slogan, and their plans/promises for the city. Kind of like being elected captain on blackwake for anyone whose played it @Kenty

Reaction score
I appreciate your suggestion but I feel like this MAY be an inconvenience for some people as it may take up unnecessary space on their screen.

Reaction score
I have no idea why you're being a smartass but if you're in a shootout and it pops up it might be a disadvantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
again, read what aquaa said before you start posting and stop trying to be a smartass. If you read properly it's says the window will pop up with the candidate names

Reaction score
then what's the point in having it? That's the only thing. It'll just be an inconvenience to us and unnecessary work for devs. I suggested this as an easy and helpful thing to add

Reaction score
What would stop the mayoral candidates from still using adverts? They could send their campaign message then switch to advert ‘spam’ which kinda defeats this purpose. Though I feel anyway that this is not something that is really needed but that’s just my opinion.

Reaction score
and compaign you can only use once a 2 minutes and only when you are running for mayor (My idea of the campaign)

Reaction score
The thing is, it's not really needed is it. You can still distinguish an advert intended for a "mayoral campaign" and a normal advert, especially now that you can see who made the advert. You're just adding more colors to the chat at this point for no real reason. It's not even a major part of the gamemode right now, elections for mayor are super fast, and if anything the whole system should be reworked. At the end of the day, an advert or a "campaign" message, you'll still be filling up the chat area, just with a different color.

Sam

Reaction score
Accepted

Might do the same thing we have done with courier, allow them to do free adverts.